Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mjs64 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Tell me about your micralite fastfold

Before I pull the trigger. I know about the lack of canopy and basket and am okay about that. I'm super excited about it being lightweight and easy to push. I think it's this over the BJCM. Could this be a one and only stroller, or am I dreaming?

Eta: and can I buy a canopy extender for it aftermarket? Where/which one?
    Last edited by mjs64; 01-28-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    My baby boy is 3!

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I really like the Fastfold Superlite and think it can be a great one and only stroller for a toddler. It's lighter than the BJCM, has a standing fold, and can go over any terrain if you tip it on the back wheels. And you can get the AT kit for it, or the riding board w/handle extenders. It is tippy compared to the BJCM though; and the recline, canopy and basket are all skimpy.
    I never did get a canopy extender for mine, but this is the one I would have-- they use a Fastfold in the stock pic.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BMET9A/
    Cheaper on Ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delux-3-1-St...item4160f3637b
    Here are some other threads about the Superlite:
    http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...perlite&page=2
    http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...ight=superlite
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

Thanks for the reply and especially for the links. I searched "fastfold" when I should have searched "superlite." and thanks for the eBay link too--half the price of amazon. I think I'm going to do it...
    My baby boy is 3!

Are you buying the stroller on Amazon? That's the best way to check it out without risk, since they have free returns. I love it and think it's awesome, but it's not for everyone. Definitely a unique stroller! What color are you going to get?
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

Basically I agree with what Kaylee said.

To be honest, the Superlite is pretty much our one and only stroller. But I'm not sure I would have been comfortable with it as such until DS was 18 months old or so. But he's a big stroller napper and I used the extendable leg rest on our umbrella until 18 months or so. With the Superlite he is only now at age 3 really able to put his feet firmly on the footrest.

I highly recommend hooking a Skip Hop Dash to the front of the stroller frame to avoid tipping. Got that tip from another poster here and it is awesome. I consider both the Dash and the extendable handles to be mandatory Superlite accessories. ETA: Oh, a liner too!

Also, you should be aware that Micralite has lost their US distributor and Scandinavian Child is not answering either calls or e-mails about Micralite even though they still sell parts etc. on their website. So that may be an issue re: warranty.

All that being said, I this stroller. Definitely my favorite stroller I've owned and I've owned quite a few.

That's a good idea to go through amazon, esp since I have prime. I can get it a bit cheaper at the comfort first website, but maybe I should go with amazon.

I really, really want something super light and with one handed push above all else. The BJCM feels too big. And I don't like the handling of most umbrellas, unless you've got a better idea?

I'm thinking blue. I love the yellow but worry it would get dirty fast.
    My baby boy is 3!

That is too bad about Scand. Child not distributing Micralite anymore. I see that you can still access Micralite on the SC site, but Micralite is not listed as one of their brands.

I didn't like the handling of most umbrellas either (although I now love the G-luxe too). That's why the FF is so great, it's like an umbrella and all-terrain hybrid. I'm 5'2" and DH is 6'2" and both find the FF comfortable to push. We've never used the handle extenders, even though I have them.
    I put a Skip hop saddlebag & snackpod on ours for a little bit of storage & to eliminate tippyness.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/50172753@N03/6287099887/]

DS was around 20 months when I got the FF, and always seemed comfy in it and could reach the footrest. I probably wouldn't use it for an infant, but it should be fine for a 1 yr. old.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/50172753@N03/5973437512/]

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Basically I agree with what Kaylee said.

To be honest, the Superlite is pretty much our one and only stroller. But I'm not sure I would have been comfortable with it as such until DS was 18 months old or so. But he's a big stroller napper and I used the extendable leg rest on our umbrella until 18 months or so. With the Superlite he is only now at age 3 really able to put his feet firmly on the footrest.

I highly recommend hooking a Skip Hop Dash to the front of the stroller frame to avoid tipping. Got that tip from another poster here and it is awesome. I consider both the Dash and the extendable handles to be mandatory Superlite accessories. ETA: Oh, a liner too!

Also, you should be aware that Micralite has lost their US distributor and Scandinavian Child is not answering either calls or e-mails about Micralite even though they still sell parts etc. on their website. So that may be an issue re: warranty.

All that being said, I this stroller. Definitely my favorite stroller I've owned and I've owned quite a few.
    Multimama, which umbrella did you have or would you recommend for up to 18 mo? DS never naps in the stroller, but that might be because it has no recline (well not really) or legrest and because we're always home for naps. Ours right now is a chicco capri we were gifted.

I hate big strollers. I really want something like an umbrella. Lightweight and easy to get in and out of the car. But maybe DS is not comfy. He's almost 1 yo.
    My baby boy is 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee31 View Post
    That is too bad about Scand. Child not distributing Micralite anymore. I see that you can still access Micralite on the SC site, but Micralite is not listed as one of their brands.

I didn't like the handling of most umbrellas either (although I now love the G-luxe too).
    awesome pics. Thanks for all the help. Now I'm really pushing it, I'm sure, but can you compare the g-luxe to the ff? Strollerqueen, as far as I can tell, doesn't review the gluxe.
    My baby boy is 3!

What would you like to know? The G-luxe is an awesome umbrella, nice fabrics, good recline, and big canopy. It feels very light, but not flimsy. It's a perfect car stroller for me-- I hang it on the back of the seats in my Subaru w/these straps (http://www.amazon.com/Mommys-Helper-...p/B000KYKPBK/r) and it doesn't take up trunk space. I never use it outside though, it's strictly for shopping & errands. I can push it with one-hand, but not as easily as the FF.
    The FF is only 3 lbs. heavier but feels much more solid. The FF is ~4 inches wider in front than the G-luxe is (24", so it's as wide in front as the BJCM's back wheels). The FF has a one-handed push. I usually push it by the middle of the handlebar and easily push as I walk to the side of it, and like being able to see & talk to DS while strolling.
    They both have a standing fold, and similar seatback and seat to canopy measurements.
    If you were planning on mostly using the stroller indoors and on flat surfaces, I would go with the G-luxe. If you were going to use it outdoors a lot and on a variety of terrain, I would go with the Superlite.

Standing fold by Kaylee3110, on Flickr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast