Default Pricing on a Rock Star Baby?

We are selling our Rock Star Baby Stroller. It is either the original or the one right after that, so it is a few years old. However, it is in awesome condition. The bassinete part looks like it has never been used.

We priced it at $175 knowing that people around here almost always bargain down.

We have sold 5 items in the last few days, but not even a nibble, not even a generic inquiry, on the stroller!

Is this just too much of an unknown stroller for our pokey area or is it priced too high?

How do you market a less-than-well-known (though totally awesome) item?

Incidentally, we LOVED the stroller, just selling b/c you have to remove the seat to fold and the seat does not fold at all. I now have a hybrid so little trunk space (car battery pack is in trunk) and this is not a practical stroller for our uses. I think I am so surprised no one is interested b/c we loved it so much.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

mom3boys is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think the price sounds about right.

When I have sold a lesser known stroller I usually list other strollers in the description so that if someone does a search for the well-known stroller, my listing will come up.

So for example, I sold an Easywalker QTRO, and I said something like "This is an all-terrain stroller similar to BOB, Baby Jogger, Bumbleride, except with 4 AT wheels rather than 3". (I know several people on this board would not compare Easywalker to BOB, but whatever, I am trying to interest Craigslist people here!). I listed my Valco Tri-Mode similarly.

So for Rock-Star, it is more or less like a Bugaboo, right? So maybe say "Similar to Bugaboo Frog or Cameleon" and then list the features, reversible seat, air tires etc.
    M, Mom to 3 handsome boys, '06, '08, '11

Quote Originally Posted by mom3boys View Post
    I think the price sounds about right.

When I have sold a lesser known stroller I usually list other strollers in the description so that if someone does a search for the well-known stroller, my listing will come up.

So for example, I sold an Easywalker QTRO, and I said something like "This is an all-terrain stroller similar to BOB, Baby Jogger, Bumbleride, except with 4 AT wheels rather than 3". (I know several people on this board would not compare Easywalker to BOB, but whatever, I am trying to interest Craigslist people here!). I listed my Valco Tri-Mode similarly.

So for Rock-Star, it is more or less like a Bugaboo, right? So maybe say "Similar to Bugaboo Frog or Cameleon" and then list the features, reversible seat, air tires etc.
    Great idea! Thanks for the tip!!!
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------