Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is it really crazy to fly with our Britax? UPDATED with a pic (post 13)

We will be flying overseas to Israel with DD in about 2 weeks. We want to bring a carseat for both the flight, and for our rental car once we're there. I told DH about the Scenera (based on what I've read here about it being a great seat for flying), and he thinks DD will be more comfortable and therefore more likely to sleep in her Boulevard with the headwings. We are sort of counting on her sleeping in the car a lot once we're there, so that's an important factor. I explained how annoying it will be to carry such a heavy seat in the airport, as opposed to carrying a light Scenera. But DH says he'll figure out a way to attach it one of our rolling carry-ons. He is very handy in that way, so I'm sure he will . Any other reason to be getting a Scenera?
    Last edited by happymom; 03-13-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

We took two Britax seats on several trips. It was fine.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

I've traveled with a marathon and a snug ride before. It wasn't bad. We bought a rolling rack that you would put luggage on and bungee corded the marathon to that. Just rolled it through the airports.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've flown with the Blvd numerous times. We attach it to a GoGo kids and its fine. I can't imagine the size of a carseat makes that big of a difference, either way you are lugging one around. I'd rather have it be one DC likes thats easy to install when we arrive.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaS View Post
    We took two Britax seats on several trips. It was fine.
    Glad to hear someone say that! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    I've traveled with a marathon and a snug ride before. It wasn't bad. We bought a rolling rack that you would put luggage on and bungee corded the marathon to that. Just rolled it through the airports.
    Good idea. DH was actually planning on using bungee cords to attach it to the rolling suitcase. It would probably be a good idea to try that out now, and if it doesn't fit we could buy a rolling rack.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We also have flown with the blvd, and it was fine...heavy but fine. I think as long as you know it's going to be heavy then you will be fine.
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    Glad to hear someone say that! Thanks.

Good idea. DH was actually planning on using bungee cords to attach it to the rolling suitcase. It would probably be a good idea to try that out now, and if it doesn't fit we could buy a rolling rack.
    Probably obvious but just make sure that rolling suitcase is carry-on size!
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Thanks everyone!
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We had a backpack carrier for our Britax (bought it at Target ages ago) and that was nice as we were hands free.

We travel with our MA and use a go-go kidz. This works better for us because even at 3 our DD always wants to be carried but we can get her to ride in the carseat (no way she'd walk through the airport.) The disadvantage of the go-go is it has to be taken off to go through security--the carseat only fits through the xray without it. One additional note on traveling with carseat: I have yet to be on a plane where the carseat fits down the aisle. I typically carry it over my head so as to not wipe out the other passengers. It's a pain.

If your DD walks well or you are planning on bringing a stroller anyway I think some bungee cords would work find. I recently dropped friends off at the airport and they rigged up a MA and snugride to a single rolling bag with a series of bungee cords. Try it before you go though.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast