♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Valentine's clothes for toddler boy?

any ideas? in a week or so we are going to a Valentine's party with my mom's group (lunch, exchanging valentines,taking group pics, etc). just wanted to be able to dress up DS to the theme. I don't have an outfit for DD, but i figure, that's easy..there are a bazillion and one things for GIRLS to wear on Valentine's day.

I have a super cute navy colored Valentine's bib i got from Target last year, that was for boys (it had a monkey holding a heart and said "Mommy's dinner date!"), but i think that at 2yo he is too old to wear a bib!

The only thing i've seen that i really like is this, but it's not on sale (i never buy Gymbo unless it's decently on sale).

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_it...ed=0&fit_type=

any other suggestions? i'm mainly just looking for a l/s shirt..i figure he could just wear regular khaki or navy pants.

Target usually has holiday-themed shirts for kids (and probably Wal-mart, too)... otherwise maybe try Carter's or Old Navy? I know that ON does other holiday shirts for St. Patty's Day, etc. And I'm guessing that Target & ON would be cheaper than Gymbo, although that shirt you linked is cute!
    You could always just do a white or black l/s shirt under a red (or even coral) s/s shirt like a Polo shirt . I wonder if Lands' End has any red shirts in Overstocks in your son's size?

Good luck and let us know what you end up getting!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 01-29-2012 at 11:05 PM.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hanna Andersson has an adorable shirt.

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style....simg=38417_53H

Usually I buy a red corduroy shirt and sweater vest for one of my son's Christmas outfits. The solid red corduroy shirt also does the job for Valentine's Day if necessary.

I have also been known to buy cheap holiday T-shirts from Target. Unfortunately, they can sell out long before the holiday! Here is an example from online:
    http://www.target.com/p/Circo-Infant...d/-/A-13817007

Many of these type of things end up on clearance after the holiday. I do try to buy ahead for the following year when I can get them at a great price.

mskitty

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

oh great suggestions everyone!

i will check Target again. i didn't see much at the one i went to today, most the stuff was for infants.

I really really like the Hanna one, but at $28, it's a bit steep since it probably won't last till next Valentine's (DS is already in size 100 in some things!)

I got DS the cutest top from the gymboree valentines collection. It's a red short sleeve alphabet top (I layer it with a black l/s top) with all the letters with "I love (a heart symbol) u" going down diagonally. He LOVES anything that has to do with the ABCs so this was perfect! It's sold out online but you can check to see if your store still has any.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12