♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Smile my DS went poo-poo in the potty!!

I can't believe it! Just a couple months ago, he was 100% in diapers and did not seem interested AT ALL in PTing...he would put up the hugest fight whenever I smelled something and carried him off to change his diaper..he did not want to stop playing, and could care less about walking around with poo on his butt. Then,he started telling us when he pooped his diaper, and would actually cooperate when I changed him. Then just a couple days ago he's been telling us whenever he makes poo OR pee ..it actually seemed to bother him enough to agree to a diaper change (only when he was wearing cloth dipes..with disposables he didn'tn seem to mind or notice). This afternoon I let him go naked (just a shirt) after I changed his (pee) diaper, because he hadn't pooped all day (we were out on a playdate, and he only poops at home). I left a Bjorn potty near the bathroom. After 45 minutes or so, he was playing with his trains, and suddenly said "I have to go poo-poo!" and he ran across the room to the potty, squatted over it and did his business!! I could not believe it!

Anyway, I know there is still a long ways to go until he is actually fully PT'ed, but still..i am just so proud, I had to share!!

eta: i should add that in our case, using a Bjorn Little Potty (the really small one, for infants) really helped. We had a regular Bjorn potty for a while, and DS did not seem as interested in that one. We also have a toilet seat insert for the toilet, and that DS wanted NOTHING to do with that. He really liked the little potty that he could squat over, since he does not seem to like sitting when doing his business. Anyway, althogh it's a little extra work to clean and stuff, it's nice bc he can just go and use it himself without any help. with DD I can't always drop everything when he has to go potty.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 02-01-2012 at 04:52 PM.

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

*awesome!*
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Holy canola oil! That's awesome!