Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default cannot wait for sickness to leave this house!!

on new year's day, i got sick with a cold that turned into a sinus infection..it was okay, but had a cough that lingered for WEEKS. then, out of the blue DH gets sick with a cold..then kiddos get sick (which what i assumed were colds). THey appeared to be getting a lot better, hhen yesterday DD gets bumps/blisters which appear to be Hand Foot and Mouth...though a mild case luckily (so far). DS was doing great, barely a runny nose..then he just woke up from his nap with a 102 fever, and then kept saying "I feel sick!"and puked everywhere (other than when spit up when he was a baby, he's NEVER vomited). He must be feeling really crappy.

Oh, and DH is still coughing his head off and feeling sick. The sucky part is that a few days ago, I got sick AGAIN!! OMG. No more illnesses please!!

Ugh, I feel for you! This time of the year is the worst for sicknesses! I just read that norovirus is spreading around my area, and I have been handwashing like a fiend!

Hope you all feel better soon.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I totally feel your pain! I had colds beginning of the New Year... that I passed on to my daughter... who passed it on to my husband. Just when he was getting better, my daughter got Fifth Disease (I don't know where she got it!), passed it on to my husband and now I'm starting to have it! Argh!
    Vanessa

Full-time mommy to Miss Yumi ('08)

thanks everyone! it's crazy how much sickness is going around!

luckily my DS seems feeling better, even though he was puking/nauseous and could not keep anything down for a good several hours. The pedialyte drink and popsicles seem to help, thankfully (i hate those, so nasty tasting). I really hope the vomiting was due to the sudden spike in fever due to the cold/HFM or whatever he is getting over (he was totally fine, then woke up 1.5 hrs later from his nap with 102 fever, and shortly thereafter was sick for several hours...then his fever came down to normal and he seemed happy as a clam). I hope it's that and not an add'l stomach bug that i now have to worry about DD , me and DH getting (which would horribly suck). DD, despite having tons of blisters everywhere due to the HFM, seems perfectly happy, even cheerful...hoping she stays that way and doesn't get worse. I was cringing when I was giving her a bath since she had so many blisters, especially in her diaper area, and they were either really red or crusting over but she did not seem to be bothered
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 02-02-2012 at 11:18 PM.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This time of the year sucks. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ugh, that IS a lot of illness. I'm sorry you have all that happening right now.

Everyone in my family got this weird stomach bug. It started with Greenbean puking, then 2 days after he was better Sisi got it, then 2 days later Cha cha and so on. I"m the only one who didn't get it.

I was kind of wishing I would get it. They all lost weight and I'm the only one who really needs to lose weight. Instead I got to do a ton of puky laundry.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hope everyone is well soon and for a good long time!

Catherine

thanks all. yeah, i did like 3 or 4 loads of laundry last night! i had to wash chair covers and a million other things. other crazy thing i can do without is having to turn on the A/C (it's FEBRUARY!!)

thankfully DS seemed better and slept 9 hours last night, without waking up. I think it was the fever that really did him in. This morning he seemed better (no fever)and everthing, but then started became very whiny and irritable, and didn't want to eat much. He then suddenly started putting his finger in his mouth and he was in so much tears he could barely explain what was going on. I guess he is getting the sores in his mouth. We did the mylanta/benadryl combo with a qtip and that seemed to help a lot, and he kept asking for the "medicine for his mouth.". But he is in so much pain, it's heartbreaking to see

DH took the afternoon off thankfully, since basically everyone is sick. Though he leaves Monday night for the entire week. I am crossing my fingers they are better by then, and that I don't get the HFM myself. I don't know WHAT I'd do, it sounds pretty horrible to get, especially as an adult (I still can't get over DD and her not being bothered by it..she has so many sores all over her body, they look AWFUL but doesn't seem to notice!!)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh no The sores in the mouth - truly miserable. I coated DD2's mouth with the maalox/benadryl mixture using a dropper and that gave enough relief for about 15-30 min during which I let her drink whatever she wanted (mostly chocolate milk!) since the ped said the important thing was to just make sure she stayed hydrated and not to worry about food.

The good news - once the sores start healing, they heal FAST. like almost overnight. But I do remember the sores lasting for a good 2 days. Ugh

hmm, a dropper is a great idea..we have tons of those around from when DD was tiny. that seems like it would hurt less than a qtip. and yeah, we gave DS some chocolate milk (we NEVER let him have any, and we just added a few tsp of the syrup to his milk and he seemed to like it).

those pedialyte popsicles seem to help too..we just cut them up in chunks for DS to eat.

ah, i am soooo thankful DD didn't get the mouth sores!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast