LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Sausage and Peppers?

I'm making sausage and peppers for tomorrow and want to be sure it's flavorful! I've got the sausage (!) and 2 bags of the frozen peppers from Trader Joe's! Onions?!? Seasonings? any tried and true recipes?

I use garlic, salt, pepper, and then I throw 1/4 cup of cider vinegar in at the end. I serve it with fried potato slices.

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Onions for sure, fresh garlic, salt, pepper and I always sprinkle in some oregano. I prefer cooking them on top of the stove instead of in the oven. If you caramelize the onions and have good sausage you should have plenty of flavor.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you!! This is helpful!

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I saute my peppers and onions on the stove with a little lawry's seasoned salt and garlic powder. YUM!

mjs64 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Try sautéing red pepper flakes with the onions before you add the sausage. It wont be too spicy if you add a little, though you can add as much as you want. You could add oregano at that point too. Heating spices in oil (or dried herbs, in the case of the oregano) helps bring out the flavor. Add garlic toward the end so it doesn't burn. Love PP's suggestion of cider vinegar at the end for a little acid.
    My baby boy is 3!