Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Does your face get fat during pregnancy?

I'm 27 weeks and just looked in the mirror. My cheeks are starting to get chubby!! I didn't notice it with DS until I looked at pictures of me after delivery. Apparently I was oblivious. Some of my shower pictures also have chubby checks. I was hoping I wouldn't get them this time, but yep, I am. Does anyone else have this problem? I just feel so fat now.

It sucks. A neighbor's DH actually once said that all pregnant women get jowls. No matter how skinny the rest of their body is he can pick out any pregnant woman based on her jowls. Its annoying but probably true.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

YES!!! I HATE IT!!!!!! and to top it all off my cheeks are the last thing to go back to normal
    mommy to the loves of my life ds (Oct. 2008) and dd (Aug. 2011)

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No. In fact, my face gets downright skinny. It's crazy!

You can tell in every picture of me when I was pregnant how skinny my face was. I lose my appetite for food when I'm pregnant and have to force myself to eat. I am ridiculously sick for the first 16 weeks or so, but even after that ends, I have no desire to eat. So I think all the extra fat in my body goes to my baby and I get skinny everywhere else.

Don't be jealous. As soon as the baby comes out, my appetite comes back with a vengeance and IT'S ON! I'm the only woman I know who gains weight after having a baby.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by g-mama View Post
    No. In fact, my face gets downright skinny. It's crazy!

You can tell in every picture of me when I was pregnant how skinny my face was. I lose my appetite for food when I'm pregnant and have to force myself to eat. I am ridiculously sick for the first 16 weeks or so, but even after that ends, I have no desire to eat. So I think all the extra fat in my body goes to my baby and I get skinny everywhere else.

Don't be jealous. As soon as the baby comes out, my appetite comes back with a vengeance and IT'S ON! I'm the only woman I know who gains weight after having a baby.

LOL, this is kinda like me. my face does not get fat with pregnancy, and i get zero swelling. my BP is really low, and i have rotten morning sickness for the first 18 weeks or so, and i barely gain any weight at all. towards the end i have that woman-who-swallowed-a-basketball look, and strangers would even give me comments about it, saying how lucky i am, i don't even look pregnant from the back, etc. but yeah, don't be jealous...postpartum is another story..despite EBFing i don't lose any pregnancy weight, and people ask me when i'm due when the kid is already walking. I'd MUCH rather be one of those who gain 60 lbs when pregnant and then lose it at all later and be and look normal afterwards.

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes! My face swelled, my lips swelled. I am not looking forward to that this time around.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes - my face got chubbier with both of my pregnancies.

Yes, but my face is ALWAYS the first place to show I've gained weight. It doesn't matter if my body is lean and looking pretty good, as I get a double chin nonetheless (especially when I get hot, my face swells). Now just add pregnancy and I look gigantic from the neck up! I feel like you can often dress in a certain way to hide lumps but you can't hide a double chin and plump cheeks.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yes"......
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Everything on me got fatter when I was pregnant with DS1, including my face. This pregnancy has been different because of gestational diabetes, so I haven't gained much weight, and none on my face.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast