I am going to be flying alone in a few weeks with my two kids who will be just-turned-two and six weeks old. The two-year-old has his own seat on the plane and the baby will be on my lap for the 3-1/2 hour flight. Could really use some help thinking through the logistics. And perhaps some moral support!

I have ruled out the idea of bringing a convertible carseat (our Marathon 70 or otherwise) on the plane. I think it would be too challenging for me to get it through the airport along with the two kids and our carryons and BJCMD, and then to get it to our seats and installed... too much work. Plus there is one waiting for us to use at our destination.

Instead I am contemplating the CARES harness, but wonder how well it will work for my toddler. He is definitely on the small side, weighs maybe 25-26 pounds.

I also had the perhaps crazy idea of carrying our Snugride on, since I do need to bring it with me for our destination, and wondered if this makes any sense at all. I honestly think my toddler could sit in it and I wonder if he'd be more comfortable than just in the seat with the harness. I could also put the baby in it and hold the toddler during the flight if need be. But wasn't sure if some flight attendant would make a stink since it is technically an infant seat. If so, I could just gate check it, but would rather avoid the hassle altogether if it won't make sense.

Thoughts?