3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default This is a first (Diva related)

I've been using the Diva for about 8 months and, despite all my efforts, I still don't have it right - I have yet to have a leak-free month. However, last night was a first. I put the Diva in mid-day yesterday and by early evening I was leaking. We were at a restaurant and I went to the bathroom and found (TMI alert) that not only had the cup collapsed, but it was completely upside down and way.the.hell up there. I can't begin to imagine how that happened. I know it was right side up when I inserted it and it did work correctly for a few hours, so apparently it flipped sometime during the day. It's especially odd since I wasn't doing anything physical, I attended a meeting and sat on a floor.

I sat through the entire dinner at the restaurant relatively freaked out about it all (I wasn't able to get it out at the restaurant, there's only so much you can do while standing in a tiny stall ). It was pretty easy to get out once home, but I'm still a bit freaked by the whole thing. I'm not sure why I keep trying the Diva because it's been pretty unreliable for 8 months now despite my trying different methods, twisting, inside-out, etc.

Has the collapsing, upside-down thing ever happened to anyone else?

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Wow....that's pretty nuts. I know that mine has shifted considerably but never done a full 180! That sounds like it would hurt!

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That is odd. Hasn't happened to me but I will say that mine usually leaked a little depending on the day so I always wore a liner with it.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Maybe try a new cup. They are all slightly different. I used the Diva cup for awhile and liked it. Most days for me were leak free. I lost it in our move though and got the Keeper instead because none of the divas were available with prime shipping at the time.

I like the keeper a lot. Its rubber instead of silicone and is much firmer then the Diva so it retains it shape. Its actually much harder to fold for insertion because its so firm. I at least know its not going to collapse on me. The moon cup is from the same company but made of silicone like the diva. I haven't tried it though.

I would also check out some mama pads if you don't already own some. I got some amaz padz and love them: http://hyenacart.com/stores/AmazPadz/index.php?c=12. Her nursing pads are also awesome by the way.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the responses. I've been thinking about trying a different cup because I've had so many leaking issues with the Diva. I really love the concept of the cup and on days that it works, I it. I guess that's why I've tried to stay with it despite the issues. I'll check into the Keeper today, maybe that will solve my problems

What a crazy experience. I can't even imagine how that could happen!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.