Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tondi G View Post
    awesome thanks Catherine
    If you try it and you like it please post about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tondi G View Post
    Is there an onion soup mix that doesn't have MSG?
    I bought it before I started paying attention to labels. Not a clue.

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We had this for lunch today. I cooked it on high for about 4 hrs. (all the time I had) and sliced it, then returned it to the juices for about 1/2 hour, and it was still delicious! Thanks for posting, OP!

speo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Do you guys think this would be enough for 2 meals? We will basically eat 3 adult portions for one meal. This sounds good and I am wondering if it will work for 2 meals this week. I am meal planning for the week. TIA!
    DS1 2005 and DS2 2007

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sorry to bump an old thread!

I can't use beer or alcohol in any recipe. I recently made pulled pork in the crockpot using coca cola. Do you think that root beer would substitute for beer in this recipe? Or is there a better alternative? Or should i just skip the recipe all together?

marie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    I bought it before I started paying attention to labels. Not a clue.
    That's what has kept me from trying this recipe. There are a bunch of recipes online for making your own onion soup mix. I have started accumulating the ingredients but haven't put them together yet.

Here's one:
    http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1648...240203,00.html

When I finally get around to it, I'll report back with results!
    marie
    mama to
    DD1 9/03
    DD2 12/07

Quote Originally Posted by Kymberley View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread!

I can't use beer or alcohol in any recipe. I recently made pulled pork in the crockpot using coca cola. Do you think that root beer would substitute for beer in this recipe? Or is there a better alternative? Or should i just skip the recipe all together?
    Usually if skipping the alcohol I have read in other recipes to sub in the same amount of broth. If there is enough liquid you can just skip altogether.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by speo View Post
    Do you guys think this would be enough for 2 meals? We will basically eat 3 adult portions for one meal. This sounds good and I am wondering if it will work for 2 meals this week. I am meal planning for the week. TIA!
    It's definately a lot of meat. I think it would work easily for 2 meals (probably 3). I made it for 2 adults and we ate a ton (with no other sides), plus had plenty to put in the fridge.

I think it calls for a 3.5lb roast, which is technically 12-16 servings for meat. Check my math though.. 1lb=16oz, and 3-4 oz is "adult" serving. If you think about it in pounds... 1/2lb of beef is a large filling serving for average adult, so should def be enough. Problem is.... it's soo good you'll definately want to eat too much.

It's way better the next day. Thanks to OP for posting, it's going in our repeat file!
    Last edited by wallawala; 03-15-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5