Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Need reassurance about pregnancy symptoms

Ok I'm sure I'm being overly anxious but I would really appreciate some reassurance. With my son I had morning sickness my whole pregnancy and was miserable but I took a lot of comfort in the fact that lots of m/s was supposed to mean a healthy pregnancy. I am now 10 wks and feeling so much better with some nausea that comes and goes and serious fatigue in the afternoon. Please tell me if you had drastic differences in your pregnancies.

Also I know it's not supposed to mean anything but did you have drastically different pregnancies with different genders?

Thank you!!

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would not worry. Every pregnancy is different. With my first, I was miserable for probably 7 out of the 9 months. I had just about every bad symptom of pregnancy you read about in the books. With my second, I had some MS around week 6-7 and that's it. It was such an easy pregnancy by comparison. With my third, morning sickness was by far the worst. I barely survived weeks 5-18 even with Zofran. After the MS passed though, it hasn't been too bad.

DC1 is a girl, DC2 and DC3 are boys.

Good luck to you.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

That "morning sickness means you have a strong pregnancy" thing is just something we tell poor women who feel ill to make them feel better. Not feeling dreadful is not a bad thing. It doesn't mean anything. Congrats & good luck with the pregnancy!
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes, drastically different pregnancies even with the same gender.

JellyBean (1st) was a pretty easy pregnancy except the rash at the very end and is still easy going.

Ha (2nd) had me on Zofran for the entire pregnancy and is still more of a challenge, but she's amazingly affectionate and I'm more in love with her. She's a lot more active, and has more food issues, and I wonder if those two things helped make the pregnancy more difficult.

I'm glad this time is easier for you!
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    That "morning sickness means you have a strong pregnancy" thing is just something we tell poor women who feel ill to make them feel better. Not feeling dreadful is not a bad thing. It doesn't mean anything. Congrats & good luck with the pregnancy!

I had two healthy pregnancies, with no morning sickness whatsoever. (I did have post-partum depression, though (albeit much milder with DD#2), so I didn't make it through entirely unscathed.) I'm glad you're feeling better this time around .
    Last edited by mommytoC; 02-15-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    A, mommytoC (DD#1, born 11/05)...and to K (DD#2, born 4/09)!

Nothing to worry about, totally normal. I was definitely much more tired and run down in the first trimester with DD2 as compared to DD1 who was a total breeze. Everyone told me that DD2 would be a boy because the pregnancy was so much harder, but nope, she gave us the money shot at her 20 week ultrasound.

Every pregnancy is different. As long as your arent bleeding or cramping, you shouldn't feel like there is anything to worry about.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

With DS m/s ended at 16 weeks. The rest of the pg was blissfully uneventful. With DD I had m/s until the moment I delivered. I was sick as a dog all the time. Delivery cured it all.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Most people feel better at around 12 weeks. So the fact that you are almost all better at 10 weeks sounds great to me! Plus, there are alot of people who never have any morning sickness at all and have strong healthy pregnancies.

I had all-day-sickness with each of mine, until 15 weeks, no matter the gender, but I have heard of many people noticing a difference.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

It can easily be different with each pregnancy and has nothing to do with what sex the baby is or whether or not you will have a healthy pregnancy, etc.

With DD1, I never had morning sickness. I had some afternoon sickness but dealt with it easily.

With DD2, I had morning sickness and overwhelming fatigue.

I have had drastcially different pregnancies with the same sex. And I have also had some strange similarities (including that I craved fruit my first tri and cheese my 3rd tri).

The differences can stem from umpteen different things including your age, your diet, what your daily routine is, etc. And it may just be that your body is responding differently this time around.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

SkyrMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

First pregnancy with DD was very easy, some morning sickness early on but never any vomiting, just nausea all.day.long. I exercised and had tons of energy for most of the pregnancy. This one has had me feeling awful for much longer and more severe, no Zofran though... and I am just now starting to feel more like a human and enjoying the idea of this little one.

We'll find out gender in a few weeks so I don't know if that has anything to do with it for me.
    DD 4/09 DS 8/12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast