Default Anyone getting the feeling like...

I am 31 weeks and all day, I feel like DD2 is pushing on my cervix. It is uncomfortable (kind of feels like I am having a day long pap smear, not painful just unpleasant). I keep shifting positions trying to get her to move, gave her a firm talking to about how she would not like to go that way as it is cold and yucky outside and am about to start poking her to get her to move. Anyone else have that feeling?
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, I don't remember when it started, but with both kids I spent weeks walking around feeling like they were literally between my legs. I swore it felt like they were coming out as I walked.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

yes- with DD1 she was at +2 station from 33 weeks until she came at 39 weeks- most babies are at a -3 or higher when labor starts- as my sister midwife puts it- +4= on the floor! MISERABLE.

Station

Refers to the relationship of the fetal presenting part to the level of the ischial spines. When the presenting part is at the ichial spines the station is 0 (synonymous with engagement). If the presenting fetal part is above the spines, the distance is measured and described as minus stations, which range from -1 to -4 cm. If the presenting part is below the ischial spines, the distance is stated as plus stations ( +1 to +4 cm). At +3 and +4 the presenting part is at the perineum and can be seen.

My OB said at 36 weeks- "I don't know how you are pooping" and I said "I honestly don't know either"

Yep! My baby has already started poking and jabbing my cervix periodically through the day. Enough that I'm rising up out of my seat it's so uncomfortable.

But by 32-34 weeks with the other babies, it was like this until the end. And I was starting to dilate so I was on bedrest for a month (so watch out!). The good thing? By the time my due date rolled around, I was half way through labor because I was 5cm. and had a baby that was sooo low.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    But by 32-34 weeks with the other babies, it was like this until the end. And I was starting to dilate so I was on bedrest for a month (so watch out!). The good thing? By the time my due date rolled around, I was half way through labor because I was 5cm. and had a baby that was sooo low.
    Oh lordy, please don't tell me anything that even sounds like bed rest. I may lay with my legs up in the air when I get home from work tonight. I keep telling this kid that I only have April babies and she needs to come after DD1's birthday because mentally I can't handle the thought of two under two.

Although, this might solve my other dilemna about whether or not to have a VBAC.

Yeah - that is when it started for me, too. Doctors were surprised she had sort of dropped that early but she is a little on the big side and I am only 5'1". For mama's 5' 3" and under, we sometimes feel additional pressure, etc b/c there is just not a lot of room for baby to go.

I found that when I sit, I have to sit sort of like lotus position on my bed or the floor to kind of open up and give her more room.

Hope you find a comfortable position that works for you!
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by amldaley View Post
    Yeah -For mama's 5' 3" and under, we sometimes feel additional pressure, etc b/c there is just not a lot of room for baby to go.
    !
    Except I am 5'9" tall so there should be plenty of room! I think this kid is just a crazy girl and exploring every centimeter of me. I have a OB appointment in 2 weeks and I am going to talk to them about it if it doesn't go away.