Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default just for fun: going anywhere or have any plans for the long wkd?

I'm looking fwd to the long wkd, I just booked a last minute hotel room so we're going on an impromptu road trip. Dh started a new job recently and has no vacation time, so I am excited that we are making use of the holiday wkd for a little getaway

Anyone else have fun plans, in or out of town?

What long weekend??

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Punkin is in the school play and they have 2 shows Saturday and one on Sunday. Our whole family is coming to the shows. DH has to work Monday, and I was hoping to take the kids somewhere fun, but I'm pretty sure Punkin will be completely exhausted after months of so many rehearsals and the shows finally being over. So lots of fun, but family coming to us

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

I just found out this afternoon that DH is having a long weekend. What a pleasant surprise!

My first thought went to: where are we going? But we just got back from Hawaii (which was wonderful) and are still in that "it's so nice to be sleeping in my own bed" mode. So, I think we're just going to stay around home & do a few day trips. Now to decide what those day trips should be!
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Unfortunately, my kids don't get Monday off. Even though Dh does. So it's a regular weekend for us, boo. One more week before winter break!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    What long weekend??

My office is open!

Gena is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS and I are both off Monday for the holiday. DS has tomorrow off for an in-service day and we don't have childcare coverage, which means I have to use up a vacation day. So I'm taking advantage of the 4-day weekend to take DS to MI and visit my parents. DH has to work, so he's staying here.
    Gena

DS, age 11 and always amazing

“Autistics are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole is not that the hammering is hard work. It's that you're destroying the peg." - Paul Collins, Not Even Wrong

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DH has Monday off, and DDs have the whole week off. No idea what we're doing, probably nothing! (Except sleeping "late" until 7am!)
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Vegas, baby. . Celebrating friends' birthdays. Eta- oops not this weekend. Nothi g this weekend

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

disney! leaving in the morning, coming back next thurs. so excited!! it will be my dbf's & ds's first times.
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast