Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default FDA Warning about Spinbrush toothbrushes

Just came across this on MSN.com

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...s-up-your-face

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued a consumer safety update Thursday about a brand of electric toothbrushes that's been found to chip teeth, cut gums and generally wreak havoc with your face.
    Injuries reported from use of the battery-powered Spinbrush toothbrush, sold by both Arm & Hammer and Crest (before 2009), include chipped or broken teeth, cuts to the mouth and gums, injuries to the face and eyes and choking hazards thanks to broken pieces.
    According to a consumer safety officer at the FDA, reports indicate that parts of the toothbrush have broken off during use, causing them to be "released into the mouth with great speed, causing broken teeth and presenting a choking hazard."
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Yikes! That is the toothbrush we use as our dentist gives those out. You might want to post in the lounge too. Scary.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm really confused by this. I want a refund but it doesn't seem like they are offering refunds. Can I return them? It seems like it's saying, "parts of the toothbrushes may fly off and hurt your DC, so watch them while brushing?" HOW will that help keep parts from flying off? Are they just so cheap they don't bother letting us return?

Thanks for sharing by the way.

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh great! The one product I've found that has made tooth brushing my wriggly DS NOT be a PITA. Fantastic.

Thanks for posting, OP.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I want a refund!

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS is loving his MyWay brush. I want our $6 bucks back too!
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh crap! I gave D Niece one for Christmas!!!! I have a regular one, and Lula has one too. I also want my $$$$ back!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10