Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJ View Post
    I love my Sleep Number. Maybe the one you slept on was their base model? My pillowtop model is heavenly!
    Same here, the higher end models are much nicer than the basic models. I would encourage you and your DH to at least check them out at a Sleep Number store.

I did check out the sleep number beds but I can't wait 2 weeks for him to sleep. He is getting really depressed. . In my desperate attempt to help him I just came home with a $699 memory foam mattress from Costco. Wish me luck!

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If that doesn't work for you try the latex. I too got mine from sleepez. You can customize each side. Takes less tan a week to get it.

I'll keep that in mind. I told him that if he didn't like the Costco one, we would just live with it until we found something better and then return the Costco mattress. The old mattress will be on CL or free cycle first thing in the morning.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Check your box spring/ foundation. Our Tempurpedic started being uncomfortable so we rotated the foundation and it helped. If your box spring is old, I'd replace it.

The old mattress and box spring is only 2 years old.

If you don't mind, post a review about your Costco mattress once you have used it awhile! Thx!
    DS1 2/2007
    DS2 10/2010

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Forgot to say that my i laws got the same Costco mattress for Christmas and are happy with it. Good luck!

So far, so good. My hips didn't hurt this morning when I got up (they have for about 6 months), and I wasn't still like usual. My neck is a bit more stiff, but I'm sure there's just an adjustment period.

DH is still in a ton of pain, but he said that he did get some sleep last night. He's sleeping now instead of moaning, so I'd say that's an improvement.

If anything else, the box that the mattress comes in is great fun for kids. I didn't see the 2 year old for 2 hours after I got the mattress out of the box. They colored the whole inside and outside of their new "house" and I don't expect to see their little faces much today, as they are Moving into their new home today.

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    My mom bought us a new mattress for Christmas 2 years ago and i think I picked the wrong one. My hip is really bothering me (although it was bothering me before I got the mattress) and DH is having debilitating back pain. I am a side sleeper and DH is mainly a stomach sleeper. I noticed last night that the mattress was depressing at least 8 inches where DH was sitting, so I think we need something with more support (he only weighs 170lbs). I slept on a sleep number many years ago at the Ronald McDonald house and didn't like it at all, and I've read that the Tempurpedic can be too hot and take too long to rebound when you move or roll over. Your thoughts? Thanks!!!
    no mattress in the world will resolve back pain from a stomach sleeper - he is going to have to adjust to another position if the pain is lumbar region

i slept semi-side/stomach the other day and could barely straighten up

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast