Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Using Spanx for maternity support - a rave review

Just wanted to share!

Now, I know there will inevitaby be posts that say things like "I never needed a maternity support belt." "I did not like having something stretched over my belly" or "I hate the feeling of wearing tights." and well, good for YOU.

This post is for the mamas who did NOT stay in their same thong underwear for the duration of their pregnancy, who enjoy the full belly panel, or who need some type of belly support.

I have tried four different maternity support belts now and all make me miserable. My belly is so low, I need support but the belts are all too tall and I am short, they end up hitting my thighs, etc.

Well, I am now completely in love with maternity SPANX. I had two pairs of stockings/hose which, b/c my pedicure is woefully late, I tore through. But I also have a pair of their opaque tights. The belly support panel is FABULOUS. It is *just* enough to not need the maternity support belt without making me feel corseted. They are more comfy than compression hose. They don't bind on me anywhere.

I am so comfy in them, I am wearing them every day now!

So...to add to my list of things that I wish I knew about earlier b/c they work well for MY type of body...maternity panties, maternity Spanx.
    Last edited by amldaley; 02-18-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Wish I'd known about them during my pregnancies. Are you posting FROM the hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Wish I'd known about them during my pregnancies. Are you posting FROM the hospital?
    No - not yet! I check in Tuesday at 0545 unless she arrives earlier.

Are YOU posting from the BEACH??????????????????
    ---------
    A-M

---------

Wow, I didn't know they made these. Did you find a store where you could try them on or did you just order online and hope for the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Wow, I didn't know they made these. Did you find a store where you could try them on or did you just order online and hope for the best?
    Motherhood Maternity carries them. Pricey, but awesome. Ordered subsequent
    pairs online.
    ---------
    A-M

---------

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I second that recommendation, and say that it's a good one even for some of those "I didn't like something stretched over my belly" / "I don't really enjoy full panel" ladies (I'm one of them). I've been using a more traditional maternity support belt for the past few months, and while it makes a huge difference in how comfortable I am, it's also not very comfortable to wear (especially if it's a day I'm sitting or up and down a lot). I recently bought a pair of the maternity SPANX, because Motherhood Maternity was out of the cheap-o brand of hose I had been planning to buy....I wish I'd been splurging from the beginning! I was definitely impressed with the comfort and support. If I'm going on a long walk, I still prefer my traditional support belt, but for day-to-day comfort, I've been really enjoying the SPANX, too!
    Lizi

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Nordstroms online carries them too. I just ordered some after giving up on my regular panty hose which rolls down.
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

Jenn850 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Just another thumbs up over here!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Are YOU posting from the BEACH??????????????????
    Lol, at ft. Fisher now

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

YES!! Hooray for Mama Spanx! I love Spanx in general so was happy as a clam to buy a nude and black pair and they have been great - the belly is awesome! Just try to be careful with them so you can keep them (I'm on my second nude pair).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast