MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default J&J recalls infant tylenol

Sorry this is a crappy article, please post if you find more info.http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/nm/j-...ng-system-flaw
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Wait a minute, you mean it finally made it back on the shelves? I had no idea. And now it's recalled yet again? Time to close up shop for good at this point! Who could ever trust them again?! Not me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

I didn't know it was back either. I think the recall is because of the packaging (didn't read article, and half-listened to a story). But I agree, I won't be buying it up while there's an alternative. I think there's some sort of systemic quality control issue over there!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I think the recall is because of the packaging (didn't read article, and half-listened to a story).
    That's what I took home from the article, so thankfully there's nothing wrong with the medication itself, but still! They need to get their act together! Not that I buy brand name anyway.

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
    --Dr. Seuss

Penelope Grace
    Born 02.25.2010

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm confused by this recall. By the description the little syringe/topper method seems identical to what the pharmacies use whenever they dispense liquid drugs for infants. Sure, the packages are annoying and the plastic topper does sometimes fall in but I'm not understanding how this is worthy of a recall. It seems like it's more an annoyance if you can't get all the product out than a dosing danger since the parents are still measuring the dose by a syringe. Can anyone who has used the new packaging comment?

All that said I try to avoid J&J products because of their other recent quality control issues and some of the chemicals they use in other products.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Aaaaaand the CEO is stepping down. http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...81K1YO20120221