Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Easter basket fillers?

Anyone want to talk Easter basket fillers? We have the large PBK baskets. We do just a small amount of candy so there's quite a bit of room to fill.

Dd, who will be 2, is pretty easy. I'm planning on crocs, bubbles, stickers, socks and a sun hat. She'll be happy with all of that (well, she probably won't care about the socks).

Dd, who is eight, is tougher. I am planning on crocs and socks for him too, but he won't be excited about either. I can always do books and a DVD. I'd like to think of at least one fun toy. He's got bey blades, hex bugs nanos, and go gos. He doesn't really play with any of them much anymore. He's not into Pokemon. He's got way too many art supplies. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Catherine

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Would any of the stuff in the Wal-mart deals thread work for them?

For her you could also do something like sidewalk chalk.

Would your son be interested in Stomp Rockets or something similar? It would take up a lot of space even outside of the packaging. Would he play with a light-up frisbee or any other outdoor gear? Easter baskets usually scream "spring is FINALLY here!" to me so it's fun to put in outdoor toys.

ETA: I haven't played this but have it on my idea list for a similarly aged nephew. http://www.amazon.com/Boochie-Whole-...9715105&sr=1-4
    Last edited by mikala; 02-20-2012 at 01:19 AM.

A light up frisbee is an awesome idea! He would love that. Thank you!

Catherine

Jai is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We have the large PBK basket for DS who is 3. We are doing:

Stomp Rocket Jr.
    Small Kid Knex set
    Convertibles fire truck book from Walmart deals thread
    Jacob's Ladder
    Kaleidoscope
    Plastic eggs filled with hot wheels
    Maybe some M&Ms. I don't really do candy.
    Last edited by Jai; 02-20-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jai View Post
    We have the large PBK basket for DS who is 3. We are doing:

Stomp Rocket Jr.
    Small Kid Knex set
    Convertibles fire truck book from Walmart deals thread
    Jacob's Ladder
    Kaleidoscope
    Plastic eggs filled with hot wheels
    Maybe some M&Ms. I don't really do candy.
    Oooh, hotwheels in the eggs is a good idea. Last year I did Duplos in the eggs. I wonder if our eggs are big enough for hotwheels. I had trouble finding big eggs last year.

For my DS who is 3 I got the card games from the walmart deals thread. He loves card games and you get 3 different sets for $2.50.

Weren't you the one that started a smilar thread last year? I know someone around here loves talking about Easter Baskets as much as I do! lol

I haven't put too much thought into it just yet, but I am planning on filling DS (5 y.o) with some Pokemon trading cards, and perhaps football trading cards for DS (7 yo) - altho I guess I should find out if they make football trading cards? If not, I may look for baseball cards. I'll throw in some candy for both. They always get a white chocolate bunny.

Still thinking about my 20 month old... for sure she will be getting the bubble set from Gymboree

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_it...ataFeed&ad=SLI

She goes crazy when they blow them in her class... and they are seriously the best bubbles ever! I don't know what's in them but so much better than the cheap dollar store kind.

Jai is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Oooh, hotwheels in the eggs is a good idea. Last year I did Duplos in the eggs. I wonder if our eggs are big enough for hotwheels. I had trouble finding big eggs last year.

For my DS who is 3 I got the card games from the walmart deals thread. He loves card games and you get 3 different sets for $2.50.
    I found the biggest plastic eggs at Hobby Lobby last year. Duplos in the eggs is a great idea. Will definitely do that. Last year, DS was amazed that different things were in each egg. I will probably put some plastic animals in some.

Quote Originally Posted by Jai View Post
    I found the biggest plastic eggs at Hobby Lobby last year. Duplos in the eggs is a great idea. Will definitely do that. Last year, DS was amazed that different things were in each egg. I will probably put some plastic animals in some.
    Yeah, I put pieces from the Duplo Numbers set in the eggs so each piece had different animals or numbers on it. Plus there was one egg with a dog. It was great.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

legos

silly putty eggs

playdoh eggs

Hotwheels (they usually have some "prefilled" hotwheels eggs or just multi packs with easter bunny inspired decorations on the cars

Kites

yo-yo or yo-yo ball

my DS's got this one year and thought it was hillarious

http://www.amazon.com/Yada-Colors-Ma.../dp/B0015Z6B34

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Weren't you the one that started a smilar thread last year? I know someone around here loves talking about Easter Baskets as much as I do! lol

Still thinking about my 20 month old... for sure she will be getting the bubble set from Gymboree

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_it...ataFeed&ad=SLI

Quite possibly me with the early Easter basket thread.

I have heard that about Gymboree bubbles and am planning to give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Tondi G View Post

my DS's got this one year and thought it was hillarious

http://www.amazon.com/Yada-Colors-Ma.../dp/B0015Z6B34
    Ok, ds would LOVE that. Not sure if I can stand it though. Hmm.

On the eggs, if you get the giant ones, I was able to fit the egg shaped sidewalk chalk in them one year. I have also managed to get the mini play dough containers to fit in as well (it takes a bit of coaxing).

Thanks!
    Catherine

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast