Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I do themes a lot.

Last year was nature. The boys got binoculars, Audubon birds (stuffed, make bird calls), field guides, some nature books, a sketchbook with colored pencils, etc. DD (older, 13) got adult binoculars, a very nice sketchbook, a field journal, book about growing herbs (we garden), etc.

The year before that was "rainbow". The boys got playsilks, crayons, playdough, etc. DD got assorted art supplies - sharpies, Primsacolors, origami paper, etc.

I think this year is going to be a "growing" theme - gardening tools, stuff for the dirt, etc. Maybe garden clogs.

ETA: We may be largely influenced by the Easter brunch at the nature center that MIL schedules every year

I get a little excited about Easter baskets.

Lots of ideas, but not sure which I'll act on. I hate feeling like it's a second birthday.

DD is 4. I'm thinking:
    Bubbles
    Stickers or a new coloring book
    Glitter pens
    Paint
    Hat or sunglasses
    Card games - Old Maid, Uno, Go Fish, etc., and this

Last year we did coins and stickers in the eggs, but we probably won't do that this time because of DS.

For DS, who knows. He'll be 14 months.

Honestly I am just looking for an excuse to buy these.

ETA: Oooh and now I am thinking this Peter Rabbit book set for DD!
    Last edited by kaitlyns.mom; 02-22-2012 at 03:19 AM.
    DD - 12/07
    DS - 1/11

eastereastereaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is very hard for me to keep easter from becoming "second christmas"-- i love the whole season. just the other day a friend at preschool said "lent starts next week, you must be so excited?"

who is excited about lent? teehee. seriously, the day after valentine's i was out at the stores doing my "pre-easter" viewings and the week before that i was actually in homegoods scouting "egg" decor ("egg" is my easter party theme this year)

that said...i need to go through the closet and see what we already have. i'm pretty sure this is the year i'm going to use the American Girl moses basket i've been hoarding as lu's basket.... i held off last year because she didn't seem into dolls, but i'm don't want her to "age out" and it is a basket after all.

so far i one "filler" that i've bought this year-- a RAPUNZEL polly-pocket type doll. we have so many of these, but this is the first rapunzel i'd ever seen (that wasn't the real hair/fabric clothes kind)-- it was in the target easter fillers section (which i usually avoid, but always browse). oh i also got these neat egg spinners from that section for my party-- they are the sort that spin and light up in patterns (hard to explain)-- they had large ones for 1.48 and small ones for 88cents! i think those were price errors...so i picked them up NOW before the stores catch on (fwiw-- both my targets have them priced this way)

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I love the lego idea in the eggs!! I usually do stickers and stamps in eggs.....but we're on a lego kick right now, especially with the disney princess duplos coming out.

Both girls are getting head lamps in their baskets this year and butterfly nets and possibly bug catchers

ideas I have for DD1: autobox car, piggy nail polish, hair bows, my little pony or strawberry shortcake, side walk chalk, playdough, calico critter stuff

for DD2: FP snap 'n style clothes for her snap n style dolls, more fp zoo animals, new crayons, and ......

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlyns.mom View Post
    Honestly I am just looking for an excuse to buy these.
    We have the Jumbo Pets set and they get alot of use.

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Still thinking about my 20 month old... for sure she will be getting the bubble set from Gymboree

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_it...ataFeed&ad=SLI

She goes crazy when they blow them in her class... and they are seriously the best bubbles ever! I don't know what's in them but so much better than the cheap dollar store kind.
    Those bubbles rock!
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

Well, I ordered The Rookie on DVD for baseball-obsessed ds (bonus, I get to watch Dennis Quaid) and the LED frisbee. I think those should help keep him happy that he gets fun stuff too. I'll pick out some books to go with those and a pair of crocs.

Oh, and I think I will get both kids pinwheels, not sure where to get them though.

Catherine

Jai is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Well, I ordered The Rookie on DVD for baseball-obsessed ds (bonus, I get to watch Dennis Quaid) and the LED frisbee. I think those should help keep him happy that he gets fun stuff too. I'll pick out some books to go with those and a pair of crocs.

Oh, and I think I will get both kids pinwheels, not sure where to get them though.

Catherine
    Please let me know if and where you find pinwheels. DS would love that!
    ------------
    SAHM to DS 2/09

Quote Originally Posted by Jai View Post
    Please let me know if and where you find pinwheels. DS would love that!
    I have seen some on Etsy, but some of them are just decorative and don't actually spin (what's up with that!?!). And the others have been in lots of five or more. That plus shipping adds up, though they are very pretty. Wonder if I can find them at a B&M store? Or maybe on Amazon.

Catherine

Pretty sure JoAnn has pinwheels in the spring section.
    DD - 12/07
    DS - 1/11

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Watch the dollar spot at Target for pinwheels! I haven't seen them yet, but chances are they'll show up soon.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast