Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Starting to worry we will be the parents...

who can't leave the hospital because we haven't decided on a name!!!

Why are boy names so hard? Honestly, DH and I can't come together and even when I am trying to make a list on my own, I just don't like any names!!

I've tried the namegenie website and nymbler....NO LUCK. Flipped through a name book numerous times and didn't even find anything worth writing down.

This is too much pressure!

What's in the running?
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    What's in the running?
    Not much of anything....seriously! I don't think we many real legitimate contenders.

Here is what is on the nymbler list, in no particular order:

Clark, Henry, Emerson, Clayton, Graham, Watson, Quintin, Lewis, Roland, Oliver.

I really like the name Silas and was thinking about it even before I got pregnant, but DH has nixed it.

DH wants to use the middle name, "Revan" from Star Wars. (I am humoring him in case I find a first name I love that he hates)

I like tons of girls names. Maybe we will reverse the trend and give our boy a super girley name.
    Last edited by Melaine; 02-21-2012 at 08:40 AM.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You are not alone AT ALL!!!! We've got very similar problems to you. I have a few that are ok, DH has a few that he thinks are ok, we have maybe two we could oth live with, but nothing even remotely close to being in love with. I was thinking about posting for some name help a few days ago and it may come down to that real soon. Even DH is starting to panic and not much makes him nervous. I love DS's name, and while we had a couple others on the list until we saw the baby, I knew it was the name. You'd think it would be easier since we know the baby is a boy but nope.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We left the birth center without a name for ds2. We decided on the car ride home! We had a list of 5 finalists and were trying them on him. The one we picked was actually my least favorite but it fit him best and it has been a great name for him.

One night I told dh to pick a number between 1-100 then I did the same. I then checked the SSA website for the corresponding names. Then we did 100-500 (there are some weird names the higher you get!). We actually wound up with one of of our finalists that way (though it may have been a name around one that vs the actual pick).

So, don't stress. Come up with some potentials. You can leave with no name though I recommend telling them as soon as you know it, before they file the paper work with the name "Baby Boy Lastname" like they did for us. PITB changing it!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'll fix that for you: Seymour. Backup: Oscar.
    You're welcome!!
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    I'll fix that for you: Seymour. Backup: Oscar.
    You're welcome!!
    And you made it look so easy!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

LOL! BTDT! And the default name came out to be..........John! And we're all happy with it. Well, he calls himself Johnny, but it's nice not to have to spell it, repronounce it, explain it or whatever. You just call him John and enjoy him. A LOT. He's hilarious and squeezable. I'm sure yours will be the same!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

It is very hard with boy names, esp since so many boy names have been stolen into girl names. I would just bring a list of names with you and hopefully when you meet him, one of those names will jump out at you as the perfect match. Good luck.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Boys names are hard! I had to pick three!

I'll throw a few out there that I like and that feel Silas-ish to me. (Love Silas, BTW.)

Ezra
    Zane
    Caleb
    Calvin
    Sebastian (Seb/Sebi)
    Micah
    Declan
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast