Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

I love Revan! Different but very cute. How about Luke Revan? Lucas Revan
    Mama to 3

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We were those parents with our second. . . we knew the first name but couldn't decide on a middle. . . picked a name under pressure because they wouldn't let us leave without one. . . and now have to go to court to get the name changed. We decided on the name we wanted a few days later but they said it couldn't be changed until the child was more than a year old!

In our case, the reason we're changing the name is because we failed to consider what first name middle initial last name would sound like.

As a PP said, you should revisit the veto list. . . because a name I originally vetoed as a first name is now the name we've agreed on for the middle name! If he had re-suggested it as a middle name before we left the hospital, we wouldn't have this mess!

Personally, if you already have two S names, I like another S name to go with them. I have friends who named their children K___, K___, E___, and C____ (with a hard K sound) and I always thought the E name seemed out of place. And my siblings both have L names and my name is out of place.

FTR, the only Quinn I know is a 1 1/2 year old girl.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry Melaine didn't have time to read the entire thread but get the book Baby Name Wizard - - amazon or library. It is "the" book for baby names and helped my DH and I work out a fairly epic conflict.

I love Silas too and my DH hates it fwiw. We have Ezra and Emmett on our list for future boys and I also really like Elliot - - noticing a trend? One thing that has helped me is just to recognize that I am not ever going to love a fave boy's name quite as much as my favorite girls' names -- there are so many more names for girls whereas for boys the name pool is smaller and therefore much more common. And girls names can be more fanciful.

But having a boy is AWESOME! The naming and upward peeing thing are the only downsides.
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

If it makes you feel any better my friends had their baby boy 2 a week ago and he is still nameless. They had a similarly hard time with boy 1 and she said she wasn't even "ok" with his name until this year (he just turned 2!). Obviously her hubby choose the older kid's name.
    Audrey - Feb 2010
    Anderson - Dec 2011

Please, no babies in 2012!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7