Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I had the same problem when I was pregnant with DS! We had tons of girl names we loved, but had a really difficult time picking a boy's name. We eventually found a name that I ADORE, but now I'm afraid I'll have another boy someday with no name

Good luck! Keep an open mind and something you love will pop up
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LBW View Post
    Boys names are hard! I had to pick three!

I'll throw a few out there that I like and that feel Silas-ish to me. (Love Silas, BTW.)

Ezra
    Zane
    Caleb
    Calvin
    Sebastian (Seb/Sebi)
    Micah
    Declan
    I definitely like some of these....will see what DH thinks! Thanks!

I like Silas. As I've mentioned, my secret favorite boys name is Caspar, his nn could be Cappie when little, and Cap when older. But I actually just like Caspar without a nn. (Don't feel bad if you don't, most people can't get past the whole ghost thing!)

Sebastian is cool like a PP mentioned, but I like the nn Baz, like Baz Luhrman the filmmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I like tons of girls names. Maybe we will reverse the trend and give our boy a super girley name.
    Ashley. Perfect for a southern gent. You're welcome.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You're not alone. We're due in less than a month and we don't even have a short list yet.

mmommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

LOL I was going to suggest Silas, which is what we were going to name DD2 if she had been a DS1. I LOVE that name.
    Instead we're debating girl names, which wasn't hard the first time around, but now finding something to go with DD1s name is causing us a few problems.

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We're in the same boat as well, only we can't decide on a girl name! (We had a boy name picked, of course. ) We don't have a short list either. No "top 5" or anything.

Trouble is, so many of the names I had on the "girl list" for Henry twelve years ago have gotten popular so I don't want to use them now.

Sent from my Android phone using Tapatalk
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Boys names are super hard. We really struggled first time around b/c we were team green, but I *knew* we were having a boy and we had a relatively easy time agreeing on girls names we liked, but boys names were much, much harder

We went to the delivery with our top 2 contenders, but still couldn’t decide until about 30 min before we left the hospital to go home.

Wouldn’t you know, this time around we actually would have had an easier time with boys names. The girls names we loved last time are just not hitting us the same this time.

Anyway, our picks for a boy this time around would have been between:
    -Keaton
    -Holden (my personal fave and almost was DS’ name…came very close)
    -Wilson

I really like Silas

Also really like Graham but it’s too similar to a name already in our family
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

We still didn't have a name picked for Ds when we went into the hospital. Sometime during labor, Dh finally agreed to my pick and I didn't really care at that point! We were never going to come to an agreement because the name he wanted I wanted as a middle name, but NOT as a first name.

It was down to Alex(ander) and Ethan. Sometimes I still wonder why we didn't pick the other...but we're not changing it now!

So obviously I like:

Alexander
    Ethan
    Caleb
    Micah
    Jack (which we both loved, but wouldn't work with our last name)
    Eli
    Carter
    Ryan
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If it's any consolation, I found girl names to be more difficult than boy names when DH and I were discussing baby names.

We picked a boy's name right off the bat, but had to go back and forth a zillion times for a girl's name we could live with!

DH's SIL went through picking a boy-name after picking two incredibly feminine girls' names for her elder DDs ... I wonder if it's just hard to switch gears once you've gone one direction or the other?
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We don't have a solid name yet, either. We have a first name that we both find tolerable, but nothing that we love, and no middle name. We named DS pretty late in the game also, but a month or two before he was born. FWIW, his name ended up something that was originally on DH's list but I nixed early on, only to come back to it and change my mind after we couldn't agree on anything. So don't rule anything completely out, revisit from time to time.

Some that I liked but didn't use include Barrett, Grant, Miles, Eli, Reid, and Carter.

Good luck. I'm glad that we are done at two and I don't have to go through this again!
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast