Default sudden sleep regression?

My 8 1/2 mo has always been a pretty good sleeper, up until the last month or so. She now refuses to sleep in her crib for naps, and most nights. I'm really not a huge fan of CIO - the one night we tried it she screamed hysterically and shook herself so hard that after an hour I decided that it couldn't possibly be healthy for her to be so riled up for so long! I keep a very consistent sleep routine - jammies, read a story, nurse, then turn off lights and put on some soft music, which seems to settle her down. I've tried both putting her down awake and waiting until she's asleep to put her down, but either way she screams the second she hits the crib mattress. She naps just fine at daycare. Not sure what to do... any suggestions???

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We always had trouble around that age. I blamed it on teething or an emerging new physical mile stone. hang in there is really the only advice I have. I hope someone more helpful comes along!

Oh, does she have any toys to play with in her crib? A busy box, hanging musical plush, a FP crib sound/ light toy...something that might keep her happy in there? Both of my boys played to sleep (and when they woke up). The getting them down was pretty easy, we just had a lot of night waking.

thanks! I think you're probably right, because I know she's teething, and I also think she's starting to get a little bit of separation anxiety. She does have a busy box in her crib, but some nights she doesn't seem too interested. She actually did a bit better last night - slept in her crib until 12:00, when DH decided to help and said he would hold her for a few minutes and then put her back down. When I got up this morning both DH and DS were passed out on the couch!