wimama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Pottery Barn Kids Easter Baskets - Worth the cost?

I have been wanting to get my DS one since he was born, but I bought him a cheaper version at Target instead. Now that E is here, I am back looking at the PBK Easter baskets. It would be so cute if they had coordinating Easter baskets. And of course, they would be the same size so no arguing. I am thinking about the large baskets, since we do mostly non-candy fillers.

Is the quality of the liners and baskets worth it? Do you think they would last?

Are the large baskets too large?

Can I get a good deal on them after Easter? Before Easter?
    Amy -
    J - Spring 2006
    E - September 2011

We have two. I got ds's just before Easter and did get it a bit on sale. Ours are monogrammed so that limits how close you can cut it if you want the mongramming.

I think they are nice and a good size. The larger size gives me some flexibility about what fits. We don't do a lot of candy so it is nice to be able to fit things like crocs in them.

I have seen other people post that they bought the liners and then bought baskets elsewhere to save money.

Catherine

Jai is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Yes, I bought the liner and purchased a basket from Michaels. I took the liner with me in the store to see which ones fit.

Not sure about the "too large" question, but I got the large liner, and the basket really is huge to me! Nothing that I ever saw in my childhood. . But I tend to put books and puzzles in the basket instead of candy and treats, so I fill it up easily.
    ------------
    SAHM to DS 2/09

I think they are totally worth it! I was watching them to go on sale for DD first Easter and they sold out! I thought for sure I would wait for them to go on sale and they never did since they sold out. I got the large basket the next year and it is very good quality and will last forever. I bought it right away since I didn't want to miss out again. I haven't looked at the baskets at craft stores so can't compare the quality but the PBK are nice and the large isn't too large in my opinion since we fill it with non-candy items too.

Last year after Easter I bought several of the no handle lined Easter baskets at Target to use for storage in DD bookshelf. I got them when they went to 75% off so I only paid a couple dollars a piece for them. DD has used them for almost a year now without any problems. They get pulled out and hauled around the house and dumped and refilled several times a day. I don't think you would have to worry about the quality of the Easter baskets which are only used a couple days a year if they have survived daily use here. I think you should decide if you like the looks of the pottery barn baskets better and if you like them the difference in price better.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by katydid1971 View Post
    I don't think you would have to worry about the quality of the Easter baskets which are only used a couple days a year if they have survived daily use here. I think you should decide if you like the looks of the pottery barn baskets better and if you like them the difference in price better.
    we have two Target baskets and they get played with a lot. One is 5 yrs. old and the other one I just got last year. The one that is 5 yrs. old looks more like the PBK style than the one I bought last year, but I am still happy with it. The baskets have held up quite well. We also have a gingham line basket from Michael's which I got as a baby shower gift at my shower for DD1 and it has held up well. The girls keep little toys in them and carry them around the house.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Also, PBK has free shipping on their baskets and liners this year. I had to pay shipping last year when I bought mine:-( ...so I look at the free shipping this year as a savings!

I have the PBK baskets, I paid full price which I didnt think was horrible because I wanted to have matching baskets for future kids and figured this might give me an option to do so. With kids 5 years apart, they have the exact same basket, although the liners look nothing alike, which is fine - I could buy new to match if I wamted. However, i am just not a fan if PBK quality for anything. I think it is cute overpriced stuff. I have baskets from Michaels and Target for a small fraction of the price that are better quality. The One PbK basket wibbles and I think the handles will cetianly crack off one year - thesr have only been used for one day per year (for 8 and 3 years each! So a total of 11 days, maybe out of storage 60 days total).
    Even though I bought both in store, you of course can't get in store monogramming - one I got the liner on-line and one I took the liner elsewhere for a monogram. At the time, for my older DD, they only monogrammed in white and a white monogram on pale pink isn't very noticeable.
    Oh and I have the large baskets which are really big (handle is high) but works for coloring books, sand toys, etc which we tend to put in the baskets.

wimama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks everyone. I think I can definitely fill a large basket, because we mostly non food treats. I may check out our options at Micheals and World Market.
    Amy -
    J - Spring 2006
    E - September 2011