Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    How often will they be driving your kids? Will they be taking the seats out and reinstalling them by themselves? Do they have any issues using seats correctly (arthritis, just can't figure them out, etc?) $500 in car seats seems like kind of a lot for occasional use. Do you only have one car yourself?
    We have 2 cars but since I'm a SAHM, we rarely ever need to take the carseats out of my car for my husband to use. But we do need back up seats. We had an emergency last week and my dad let my 2 year old ride in the front seat 1 block to the park after he picked him up from school! I about died when I found out. He didn't see what the harm was since DS1 wore his seat belt, he drove less than 10 miles an hour and they only went 1 block. Seriously?

They also think the whole car seat expiring thing is a marketing ploy to get us to buy more baby stuff...this is coming from my dad who has an engineering degree! I just remind them they had their chance to raise me and now it is my turn and I get to do it how best see fit.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ugh, I feel your pain on the clueless grandparents! I would have totally freaked out about every part of that, esp the front seat! In that case, I'd go britax too.

Ok so Britax for the g-rents....and either a Frontier or Radian for DS1. Poor DS2 will get his big brothers seat. That is the problem when you are a second child...you never get anything new!

Glad I posted this...just checked DS2 and he only has 1 1/2 inches to the top of the infant carrier so he definitely needs a new seat soon!
    Last edited by ashleybama24; 02-29-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2