Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default JJ Cole Bundle Me

Are these safe? I thought I read in an earlier version of baby bargains that they were a safe alternative to a infant snowsuit/bunting. Someone recently told me they are just as bad as a snowsuit/bunting.

i think the general consensus is that these should not be used in the carseat for the same reason a snowsuit shouldn't. Some people have cut out the backs of there bundle me's. We used a bundle me in our stroller, and used a shower cap style cover with our carseat.

Definitely get a shower cap style cover for the car seat instead. They keep out the cold well, and they're safe!

Not to say it means anything that significant but:

http://jjcolecollections.com/quality-and-safety

"Although no testing is required, each of our car seat products (bundlemes and body supports) have undergone and passed the FMVSS-213 test. Tests performed on car seats with the products installed found that the car seats complied with the Restraint System Integrity and Occupant Excursion portions of the FMVSS-213 requirements."

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I found the straps of the car seat did not line up completely with the slots of the bundleme.....it made me uncomfortable because I felt the straps would be compromised in a crash.
    We went with a shower cap style instead and it worked wonderfully. I also liked it because I could take it off completely if we stayed inside for a long period, so the DDs wouldn't get hot.
    I did a toddler bundleme on the strollers.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Total waste of money, IMO! I had one with DD1 and never used it once, and neither with DD2!

for Sandy Hook

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

From what I've read, any aftermarket accessory, like bundle mes, headhuggers, strap covers, etc. is considered unsafe. I had a bundle me for DS and just cut a section out of the back, so it wouldn't interfere with the harness straps. I got a shower cap style for DD and so far it has been invaluable. We ended up leaving the hospital after she was born in the middle of a snowstorm. And it was sleeting the day of her 2 week checkup. The car seat cover is waterproof and has a flap to completely protect from the elements, so I like it better than the bundle me for carseat use. But I love the bundle me for using in strollers.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I am confused. I used one with DD, and diet have any problems, nor did I see any potential issues with it. What am I missing?

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by CKfamily View Post
    Not to say it means anything that significant but:

http://jjcolecollections.com/quality-and-safety

"Although no testing is required, each of our car seat products (bundlemes and body supports) have undergone and passed the FMVSS-213 test. Tests performed on car seats with the products installed found that the car seats complied with the Restraint System Integrity and Occupant Excursion portions of the FMVSS-213 requirements."
    This doesn't mean much, they haven't tested it on every seat out there and so they can't really say that the seat will perform in a crash as it was supposed to. Most seats warranties will be voided if you use any aftermarket product.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast