Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    Definitely get a shower cap style cover for the car seat instead. They keep out the cold well, and they're safe!
    since the backing is as thick as many buntings or coats. I didn't know any better and used a regular Bundle me with DS, but after knowing it was unsafe I only used it in the stroller. We're getting this one for DD:
    http://www.amazon.com/JJ-Cole-Seat-C...d=OERVQY8SR3AE
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

I used a bundle me in the carseat when DS was 5 months old and he was fine. He would asleep and nap in the car and I felt like he was warmer with it. Now I'm using a bunting and I don't have a problem with it.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A blanket on top and tucked around the legs and body works just as well. And you probably have tons of them already.

Quote Originally Posted by peafive View Post
    Now I'm using a bunting and I don't have a problem with it.
    I wouldn't use a bunting either, for the same safety reasons as the original BundleMe
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by peafive View Post
    I used a bundle me in the carseat when DS was 5 months old and he was fine.
    The real risk of these things is in case of a car accident, if you never get in an accident of course the baby will be fine, but in a car crash, the forces are so great that anything even slightly fluffy will compress, and since the straps on the car seat need to be a lot looser in order to fit with the bundle me or bunting, once all that fabric and filling is compressed the straps will not be snug around the baby and thus the car seat will not do it's job of protecting the baby. He/she could be thrown out of the car seat.

There's a few videos explaining this, maybe by the car seat lady? If not check car-seat.org There's also a sticky at the top of the car seat forum in this board addressing the issue of winter clothes and car seats with a lot of great alternatives
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2