Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Hugs to you, and I am so sorry! Is there anyone you can call? Friends? Coworkers? your ILs?

You are stronger then you think. Have faith in yourself!

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am very sorry. Reach out to all of your family, friends. People want to help and show their love for you during this difficult time. You will make it. You can do it.
    K

Raidra is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The only person we could possibly stay with would be my aunt, but she's 2 hours away out of state. Nobody else I know could ever fit 5 additional people in their homes. I do have family that will provide some emotional support, for the kids' sake. I'm just not that comfortable sharing this much with other people. In-laws are totally out of the question (geographically and otherwise).

I do have a friend I can call to chat with tomorrow, but I don't really feel close enough to actually let my guard down, you know?

I'm glad I at least have you guys, tho. Thanks so much for the support you've all given me over the past six months (8 years, really).
    Last edited by Raidra; 03-01-2012 at 12:37 AM.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Is it an option for him to leave and you to stay in the house with your kids, while you work things out?
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

What are your parents planning to do when the foreclosure is completed? Can you pool resources with them and rent a place together until your name comes up on the public housing lists? Your part of the $10,000 will help with first and last. Frankly, I think if your husband should just take enough of the $10,000 to get into a cheap apartment and leave you with more than 1/2. He spent all of that other money on himself, after all.

You should get an order for child support in place immediately.

I am so sorry. But you will make it through this. You are amazingly strong and it will be for the best in the end.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

cairo06 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I'm so sorry.
    Cristina

DD 2004
    DS 2007

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Raidra View Post
    The only person we could possibly stay with would be my aunt, but she's 2 hours away out of state. Nobody else I know could ever fit 5 additional people in their homes. I do have family that will provide some emotional support, for the kids' sake. I'm just not that comfortable sharing this much with other people. In-laws are totally out of the question (geographically and otherwise).

I do have a friend I can call to chat with tomorrow, but I don't really feel close enough to actually let my guard down, you know?

I'm glad I at least have you guys, tho. Thanks so much for the support you've all given me over the past six months (8 years, really).
    Go to your aunt and tell her everything. Tell your good friend everything. While the truth is painful, it is very freeing and important to be told. It is the TRUTH.
    K

Raidra is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kijip View Post
    What are your parents planning to do when the foreclosure is completed? Can you pool resources with them and rent a place together until your name comes up on the public housing lists? Your part of the $10,000 will help with first and last. Frankly, I think if your husband should just take enough of the $10,000 to get into a cheap apartment and leave you with more than 1/2. He spent all of that other money on himself, after all.

You should get an order for child support in place immediately.

I am so sorry. But you will make it through this. You are amazingly strong and it will be for the best in the end.
    I don't know how well that would work. I'll have to sit down and see what I could actually afford to contribute, and find out what they can afford. They were hoping to live with us for a while, actually. It would need to be extremely short term.. my mother is so unstable I would literally go insane living in close quarters with her.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Raidra, I am so sorry. I had a long post and lost it. You can search emergency housing assistance for families in your area and perhaps call those organizations. Will keep brainstorming.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I hope that you can figure out what will work best for your family. The aunt you mentioned sounds like a good place to start.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast