Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

I am so sorry. You might contact your local legal aid to see if they will provide you with legal advice on child support and so on. Different ones have different criteria for income levels and the kinds of cases they will take on, but their services are free and sometimes even if they won't represent you, they have handouts with generic advice that might be useful. They may also have suggestions for other kinds of assistance you can apply for.

Catherine

Rachel, I am so sorry.

Can you seek out a local church and see if they can be of any assistance?
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

I am so sorry. No advice just
    E, Mama to "BabyDoll" 4/2011

jse107 is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so, so sad for you right now. Many, many hugs to you and your kids. You will get through it--one step at a time.

ITA that he should be the one to move out. It's less disruption for the kids and he is only taking care of himself. That will give you time. Consult an attorney before you do anything--in some states if you leave the marital home it can effect divorce settlements.
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

dcmom2b3 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by buddyleebaby View Post
    You will find a way.
    You're stronger than you think.

You can do it. Baby steps. You and your little ones will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    M-H

"Mombee" to my Bunny

kellij is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

There are also women's shelters. Maybe you could try calling one of those tomorrow and see if they could give you housing. For that matter, there are homeless shelters as well that will give you a room with your kids. I would at least call those places and see what you can figure out, they might have suggestions for you.

todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so sorry
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

Quote Originally Posted by Raidra View Post
    The only person we could possibly stay with would be my aunt, but she's 2 hours away out of state. Nobody else I know could ever fit 5 additional people in their homes. I do have family that will provide some emotional support, for the kids' sake. I'm just not that comfortable sharing this much with other people. In-laws are totally out of the question (geographically and otherwise).
    You and kids need a place to live, and conserve as much of the savings as possible, so if you could stay with a relative (such as your aunt) rent free, then the fact that she is out of state should not be an issue. Unless there are legal restrictions on how far you can take the kids away from H. Consult a lawyer ASAP.

You'd have to share with other people, you can't hold it in forever without causing yourself harm, but start on a need-to-know basis and only with those who you trust or need the help from. Good luck and lots of .
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

I'm sorry. You need to immediately get the money in the savings account and put it in an account only you have access to, you may end up giving him some at some point, or not, but you have no $, no job, no resources (your parents are losing their house) and you have kids to protect. He who has the gold wins and with your husband's past issues/behavior, you need to get that money now. Don't tell him first, just transfer it and hold onto it. You may need it for food, car, health care, a retainer for a lawyer or clothes to interview in, you watch out for you and your sweet kids. Hang in there.

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am so so sorry. You are a very strong woman. You will get through this, and you will get your children through this. Contact local churches, shelters, legal aid. Also try local counseling agencies - they often have lists of shelters and emergency housing options. You are in my thoughts. Keep turning here.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast