Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ok, so--not to hijack this thread, but now that you have all said things you are avoiding to lose weight--what exactly do you eat??? I noticed eggs mentioned a few times. What else is on your menus?

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Tons of veggies, unlimited salad veggies for me. Tazaki for dressing. I din't like all the sugar on prepared dressing. Plus some sort of protein. I do awesome on the veggie/protein combo. I also like lots of soup. I like to make chicken noodle on Sunday, and eat it during the week. I limit carbs, and eat them whole wheat when i do.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Default Quck and easy carb free snacks other than fruit and veggies?

For those of you that are watching carb intake, what do you do for snacks in addition to fruit and veggies? I need things that are quick and easy that I can eat at work or on the run and I'm getting tired of the same old fruit and veggie options!
    DD1 03/2011
    DD2 06/2013

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AshUVA View Post
    For those of you that are watching carb intake, what do you do for snacks in addition to fruit and veggies? I need things that are quick and easy that I can eat at work or on the run and I'm getting tired of the same old fruit and veggie options!
    Nuts
    deviled eggs-we also change these up and do things like mash yolks with avocado, chili powder, cumin, etc. for a different flavor
    cream cheese rolled around applegate deli meat (can add a long piece of green onion, or a sliver of dill pickle in there too)
    celery and nut butter
    celery and cream cheese or laughing cow
    leftovers
    cheese sticks or laughing cow wedge
    shakes-I like jay robb protein powder (stevia sweetened) mixed with unsweetened almond milk. I also will sometimes take the protein powder and unsweetened vanilla almond milk and add it in a blender with starbucks via (no sugar variety),ice and a little erythritol or stevia for an iced coffee. I add in a teensy pinch of xanthan gum (WFs carries this) because it makes it thicker and keeps the ice in suspension. I take that on the road with me in a travel mug when running errands with the kids in warm weather.

For lunch my kids had antipasto spears-salami (nitrate/nitrite free) folded up in squares, with a fresh mozzerella ball and a grape tomato on each toothpick. Could add or sub an olive or something in there too.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Originally Posted by AshUVA View Post
    In addition to all the great one mentioned by brittone2 carrots and hummus is a staple around here. To make it quick and portable, I buy the single serve hummus and bagged carrot packs at costco. Plain greek yogurt with berries. Cottage cheese.

I had the flu/sinus infection/cold that wouldn't end for most of March that killed my appetite, and now that I'm better I'm finding I still want to eat a lot lighter, right now I'm craving a more veggie diet and 'green' smoothies. I had never had a green smoothie until 2 weeks ago so this is a change for me. I'm hoping it's going to help take off the last bit of weight.

I very recently started cutting waaaay down on carbs. I've definitely noticed fleeting light-headed moments.
    I definitely feel carb withdrawal/flu when I first cut them out, or if I've been upping them accidentally and try to steer the boat back the other direction. It's a day or two and then I feel great. Also, if you aren't eating enough protein and fat, you may just not be getting enough calories, i.e. from a veggie only salad, etc.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

echoesofspring, what is a "green smoothie"?

Thanks for all your great suggestions, brittone2 and echoesofspring!
    DD1 03/2011
    DD2 06/2013

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AshUVA View Post
    Not echoesofspring, but the green smoothies I make have yogurt, milk,1 frozen banana about 1 T. of peanut butter, and a lot of baby spinach. I might add some honey for sweetness, and I have seen others add some frozen berries.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Weight lifting really got me in shape; more than running or diet. eta- Grhoup Power/ Body Pump style of lots of reps and low weights or fewer reps with heavy weights.
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 04-03-2012 at 05:18 PM.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boltfam View Post
    Not echoesofspring, but the green smoothies I make have yogurt, milk,1 frozen banana about 1 T. of peanut butter, and a lot of baby spinach. I might add some honey for sweetness, and I have seen others add some frozen berries.
    For green smoothies, I don't do dairy. I put in fresh fruit, frozen fruit, flax seeds, any kind of green (spinach, kale, salad greens, parsley, etc), and water. Spinach is the mildest. The spinach gives the smoothie a prominent green color, but the taste is all fruit.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

the one I had was kale, banana and mango. It was super yummy, I've been craving them ever since, am just waiting for our blender to arrive since ours was busted. I haven't looked at any recipes, but I would probably try to do more veggie/less fruit. Maybe some yogurt or whey protein, etc.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast