Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Experience with freezing meatloaf?

I am going to try to make a few dinners during this week that there will be leftovers I can freeze (even though I already have a ton of food my sis has made us and a soup from my MIL).

I want to have variety so was thinking I could make a bigger than normal meatloaf and freeze the leftovers. I make my loaf free-form on a sheet pan without bacon.

Was thinking it would be best/easiest to freeze it in slices with wax paper between (probably in a gladware type container) so as to make it easy to take out a few slices at a time instead of defrosting the whole thing.

How does that sound? Does anyone have experience freezing meatloaf like this (or somehow)?

TIA
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

We are actually doing this tonight. We usually make one and freeze one. Our experience is just to freeze it in the loaf pan uncooked. When we are ready to use it, we thaw it out and cook normally.

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I cook them in mini loaf pans (The Pampered Chef Stoneware one to be specific) and then I freeze the ones we don't eat. Easy peasy.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by infomama View Post
    Thanks infomama!! That's perfect
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."