Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Personally, I think for suburbia (i.e. not tight urban spaces and public transport) I would lean towards the Vista. It's a great full-featured stroller for a newborn to 2 yrs, and the deals to be had are awesome! The bassinet question, seems to be relative as many moms will say the LOVE that feature for the first 3 months, especially when they can put their LO down at friends houses, or naps at home. After the first year, you'll likely want to try something new that is more toddler friendly, and if you keep coming back to these boards, you'll likely want to try every stroller out there, lol. Strollers are addictive, haha .

So my 2 cents is to get the most for your $$ now, and see what comes out down the road when your LO is a bit bigger. Vistas have good resale so you'll likely recoup a lot of what you spent, especially if you get a smoking deal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you both so much for your responses.

I just had a quick look online, and the Vista deals for 2011 are drying up and I see nothing fantastic. I can get the Cruz for $399, no tax, free shipping, so that is tempting. I probably need to look more online for Vista deals.

I think the weight of the Vista and the large back wheels is what was holding me back...

The weight difference is 2lbs... you could always email Gilt and ask if they happen to have any Vista's left over from their Uppababy sale ($465)... I think there have been a few moms on here who have done this and have scored a deal after a sale was finished. Worth checking... although you seem to be leaning towards the Cruz, no? Or is it just the price?

Quote Originally Posted by spannaz View Post
    The weight difference is 2lbs... you could always email Gilt and ask if they happen to have any Vista's left over from their Uppababy sale ($465)... I think there have been a few moms on here who have done this and have scored a deal after a sale was finished. Worth checking... although you seem to be leaning towards the Cruz, no? Or is it just the price?
    Thank you for the suggestion - I just sent Gilt a message.

Just got back from Buybuybaby, looking at both. The Vista frame did feel a bit heavier, but I suppose picking them both up at the same time 9 months pregnant wasn't the best idea!! It's my love of the bassinet that keeps me interested in the Vista, but I think for in and out of the car the Cruz would be easier but like you said it's only 2 pounds difference.

Price - If I can get the Vista under $500 I probably will, otherwise I'll probably get the Cruz.

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love my Vista, but rarely take it in the car, it is my neighborhood stroller...I have a lighter weight stroller for my car. We loved the bassinet and used it for 4 months, but it is true, some babies don't like them or strollers for the first few months. I just re read your OP and it looks like you don't do a lot of walking around your neighborhood so you may want to stick with the Cruz. I don't think you'd be too happy with the Vista for in and out of the car, and the bassinet feature is short lived!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

After a good play in store and watching vista owners at the mall, I decided to go for the Cruz. Much better for in and out of the car etc, which is a big reality for me.

Just looking around online for the best deal now.

I have both actually. The Vista was given to me at my baby shower gift and really used the bassinet ALL the time in my son's first 5 months. When he outgrew it, we just moved him to his crib in his room from his bassinet. I just bought the Cruz as needed a umbrella stroller for the airport & vacation trips. Now that I have it, I'm using it all the time for my errands, parks, mall etc. the vista is good for beaches and neighborhood strolls.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

mom3boys is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I hope you love the Cruz!

I don't know if this will make you feel better about your decision--I used my Vista bassinet a lot but actually only for a couple of months on the stroller, then I used the Snugseat for an additional 2 months. The bassinet was my son's "bed" for 4 months (we live in a townhouse and he was in our room on the 3rd floor, it was too much effort to bring the bassinet downstairs to put on the stroller) so it was nice but I could have done fine without it. I did feel the Vista was too big for in and out of the car, and I think it has been in my car maybe twice. I used a Bee with car seat adapter for the car for this reason. I also feel like it is "big" for going into restaurants and shops.

Anyway long story short after only 9 months I am actually selling my Vista. I just don't need the infant features anymore and the size is off-putting for what I use strollers for now. My nanny prefers a smaller stroller she can use to maneuver in stores, and I only use the Vista once every 2 weeks at most and I don't use it in an out of the car. Also for trails and hikes it is not really AT enough, so I have an air tire stroller for those purposes. So for the longer term it sounds like the Cruz was a good option for you.
    M, Mom to 3 handsome boys, '06, '08, '11

Thank you both! I really really love the bassinet feature of the Vista and thats why I kept coming back to it, but for the long haul the Cruz is better for my lifestyle. I'll get the infant seat adapter and the snugseat insert, so I think that will work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3