Default help -need to buy a new seat TOMORROW!

I need to buy a new seat ASAP. currently havea 4.5 yo in a marathon, 2.5 yo in a roundabout, and 10.5 mo in a snugride. the baby has decided he hates, and i mean HATES, his carseat- i honestly think hes squashed, he keeps trying ot sit up. he has not outgrown it at all, hes 17 pounds, but hates it. anyhow, tomorrow night we are taking a 3 hour car trip, and i cannot listen to 3 hours of shrieking. so i plan on moving 2.5 yo to marathin, putting baby in roundabout. so- i needa new seat for 4.5.
    i havea honda odyssey, but i carpool for school, so I am looking for hte NARROWEST seat for her- the britaxes are way too wide. not sure if i want ot go straight to a HBB or do the evenflo maestro, or nautilus, or securekid? any other options for a seat that i can harness now? i need the NARROWEST seat possible.
    like i said, going tomorrow night, so any help would be apprecaited.
    the new seat is going to go in third row of odyssey, together with my britax roundabout, plus i have to get a backless booster in there for carpool.

What do you have locally? BRU just got the Secure Kid, and it's smaller, less expensive, may be narrower, and has good headwings that look like they might be best for sleep support. Nautilus is kind of wide and has headwings that aren't good for sleeping...I dunno, if I were under major time pressure I'd go with the Secure Kid and maybe shop around later if I wanted something more deluxe-ish (or just use it as a narrow harnessed choice for whoever needs it, and get a booster in 6-12 months when your oldest is a little older/more mature and more ready for a booster...honestly, boosters are harder for little kids/YOU to buckle than a harness, so I'd stretch it out a bit longer in the harness for convenience).
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The narrowest is the Radian, but I don't know where you would get one at a B&M store. The Maestro or Secure Kid are the narrowest combination seats, I think (at 4.5, I would stick with a harnessed seat - especially for a 3 hr drive).
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What about a Complete Air?

[QUOTE=o_mom;3448369]The narrowest is the Radian, but I don't know where you would get one at a B&M store. QUOTE] Buybuybaby may have a Radian in-store. If you decide to go, bring a current Bed Bath & Beyond coupon, as Buybuybaby accepts current Bed Bath & Beyond coupons, even for items that the BB&B coupon specifically excludes.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    What about a Complete Air?
    Good choice! Super narrow, super tall, easy to find in many stores. Good alternative to the Radian, I'd think.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Good choice! Super narrow, super tall, easy to find in many stores. Good alternative to the Radian, I'd think.
    I my Complete Air(s). I just wish they weren't Dorel seats.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    I my Complete Air(s). I just wish they weren't Dorel seats.
    do you have al ink to the complete air? i have no idea which seat this is, when i google, all i am getting a convertible car seat, which i dont want. looking for a combination- (harnessed/booster). dont need another convertible.

It is a convertible, but a tall one that goes to 65 pounds. I suggested it because people compare it to the Radian in terms of height and narrowness. It also has a long expiration (7 or 8 years, can't remember offhand) so it's a seat that most likely can be passed down to a sibling.