Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

What is your goal? I'm not following it well. You need a harnessed seat for your 4 yo?

One of our cars only fits 2 seats right now. We have in it an older Radian and a Probooster. DH can take any 2 kids, as DD is 5.5 and fits in the Radian and is fine in a booster. So, depending on who she's with, she sits harnessed or in the booster. It works really well.

If all 3 kids are going somewhere, they're in the van. We also do have a RideSafer vest for the 2 seat car, just in case all 3 need to fit in.

Anyway, my near 8 year old is only in a backless when he's riding with a friend. DD is 5.5 and has not riden in a backless and I wouldn't be comfortable with that. She will move to a high-back in a few months.
    Kris

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Frontier makes a fantastic booster... http://www.iihs.org/research/topics/...best_bets.aspx
    http://carseatblog.com/5671/too-old-...ster-says-who/

It's a bit more of a pain for kids younger than 7 to buckle, but it can be used with LATCH and is the tallest on the market.
    Yes, we LOVE the Frontier as a booster! We just switched from harness mode to booster mode about 3 weeks ago and it's been great. I specifically sold my FR80 for the FR85 when it came out since I knew DS2 was going to be really tall and I wanted the higher harness height and the tallest booster. I'm 5'7 and can almost fit in the booster with it raised all the way to the top! It's a great belt fit for DS1 and he can buckle easily-- but he's also 8 1/2.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Frontier makes a fantastic booster... http://www.iihs.org/research/topics/...best_bets.aspx
    http://carseatblog.com/5671/too-old-...ster-says-who/

It's a bit more of a pain for kids younger than 7 to buckle, but it can be used with LATCH and is the tallest on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Yes, we LOVE the Frontier as a booster! We just switched from harness mode to booster mode about 3 weeks ago and it's been great. I specifically sold my FR80 for the FR85 when it came out since I knew DS2 was going to be really tall and I wanted the higher harness height and the tallest booster. I'm 5'7 and can almost fit in the booster with it raised all the way to the top! It's a great belt fit for DS1 and he can buckle easily-- but he's also 8 1/2.
    Thanks everyone, this is why i love this board for all the great info! maybe i was thinking of the fr80, but regardless she is not going to have that option for quite some time.
    DD 2/09 - My sweet loving Spunky/Spirited child

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My 4 yr. old rode in a backless booster in my DCP's car last year for 10 minutes three times a week. I was fine with that, but on a regular basis DD1 is almost 6 yrs. old and still uses a high back booster for most trips other than field trips. We tried her in a low back booster on a recent trip where we flew and had a rental car, and even DH who wasn't sure DD1 needed the back for the booster all of the time said that for future travels we'll be traveling with it.

My DD1 is 44" tall and about 46lbs.

I agree with Jools that the Frontier is a pain to buckle in some cars (it is easier in our Corolla than our Pilot). I kept DD1 harnessed full time until she was 5/1/2. I plan to keep her in her high back booster for at least another year or two, maybe three just depending on her size.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

lilye13 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Red face I am crazy.....

So sorry all....I am still in deep denial about my girl because she actually just turned 5!

Jules- I am NO idea about the radian. we got is so long ago (it still has two years left on it) running out in my pj's now to take it out.

So now my problem (other than my worn out brain;>) is what to get for seat combinations to use, particularly in DH's car:
    But what we already own is:

We have a that pink Frontier ( not 85:<) that the little one gets priority to use in DH's car
    2 Graco Nautilus's (or is it -Nautil ?;>)
    Marathon
    Radian
    Harmony Booster
    .......so I was looking at the
    Britax Parkway or the Diono Monterey ( or a maestro or similar)to add to stash and put in DD and DS1 can use depending who is riding.
    But should I be looking at something else instead>?

I feel like a total tool ....:< I am sorry about the 4 /5 mixup....
    Last edited by lilye13; 03-09-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    mummy to
    DS 7/03
    DD 2/07
    DS 1/09

Hey, if your mommy brain hasn't started overlapping with your senior moments, consider yourself lucky
    Anyway, yeah, Monterey or Parkway are fine, Graco Turbo is even fine for a second car (not as tall or cushy as the others, but tends to fit most kids really well on the smaller end of the spectrum, can be used backless if needed, cheap and easy to find...)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

ROTFLMAO Julie:>
    I couldn't really admit it but definitely could be budding senior moment :<
    I just got back from dropping off for school and almost talked myself into getting the Frontier 85 ( in Cowmoo of course) but thinking that really isn't pract$$cal) at all
    or what we really need. Just get tempted to get a nice new fancy seats;>
    But still thinking I need something for my 8 1/2 year old 57" and almost 90 lbs and the Monterey and Parkwy ( or Fronteir;>) could do double duty with DD.
    Still crazy?
    Last edited by lilye13; 03-09-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    mummy to
    DS 7/03
    DD 2/07
    DS 1/09

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

......Graco Turbo is even fine for a second car (not as tall or cushy as the others, but tends to fit most kids really well on the smaller end of the spectrum, can be used backless if needed, cheap and easy to find...)
    This seat fits my small almost 6 yr. old quite well and she doesn't complain about the seat most days unless she is really tired then she complains the fabric itches. It definitely gets two for ease of use for playdates and field trips as a low back booster. DD1 has no issues carrying it. While sometimes I think I should have spent $80 more on a Monterey or a Parkway I am quite happy withe Graco Turbo.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    This seat fits my small almost 6 yr. old quite well and she doesn't complain about the seat most days unless she is really tired then she complains the fabric itches. It definitely gets two for ease of use for playdates and field trips as a low back booster. DD1 has no issues carrying it. While sometimes I think I should have spent $80 more on a Monterey or a Parkway I am quite happy withe Graco Turbo.
    thanks:> Right now I am searching about online and in old posts about which one to go for and I have worked myself into a tizzy.

And to confirm my problem, I took out the radian and just had the frontier in the car and when I tried to sneak out for a quick Starbucks trip this morning with just my darling tempest of a princess - she flat out refused to sit in it ( it still has the 5pt harness set).
    She would rather stay home then go for a little mommy and me treat having to ride in it!!!!
    Needless to say after the tears and screams of protest I really needed my Starbucks:<
    mummy to
    DS 7/03
    DD 2/07
    DS 1/09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2