Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I loved my baby ktan..... so easy to work with and very comfy because of the two shoulder design!

Sent from my Droid
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

Quote Originally Posted by momm View Post
    I loved my sleepywrap. I recommend it to everyone. It's nice and stretchy and sturdy enough for me to feel comfortable carrying DS.

www.sleepywrap.com
    I loved our sleepy wrap too. I wore DS2 in it all of the time. It might be too hot to wear outside if it is getting hot where you live, but of you are in the a/c, your baby will love it!
    DS1: 3/09
    DS2: 2/11
    DS3: 3/13

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by momm View Post
    I loved my sleepywrap. I recommend it to everyone. It's nice and stretchy and sturdy enough for me to feel comfortable carrying DS.

www.sleepywrap.com

i used my sleepywrap a ton with my DD. i would not have survived without it..i had a 15month old to take care of as well, and DD wanted to be held/nursed all.the.time. also came in handy for when going to the grocery store..i would wear DD in the wrap and have DS sit in the shopping cart seat.

i live in Dallas area and i used it for most of the summer. i would just wear a nursing tank and then the wrap, so dd could easily nurse. worked pretty well. once dd got to be 6 mos or so i started using my Pikkolo, which is great too. but for newborn stage i loved the sleepywrap.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 03-13-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post

i used my sleepywrap a ton with my DD. i would not have survived without it..i had a 15month old to take care of as well, and DD wanted to be held/nursed all.the.time. also came in handy for when going to the grocery store..i would wear DD in the wrap and have DS sit in the shopping cart seat.

i live in Dallas area and i used it for most of the summer. i would just wear a nursing tank and then the wrap, so dd could easily nurse. worked pretty well. once dd got to be 6 mos or so i started using my Pikkolo, which is great too. but for newborn stage i loved the sleepywrap.
    Wha??? Are you on the fort worth side?

mjs64 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I really liked my K'Tan for the reasons PP (OP?) described: a wrap without the difficulty or extra weight of a more traditional (Moby-type) wrap. I also tried a ring sling, which was made of a linen-like fabric (even better temp-wise). It would have been great, but no matter how many times I watched a youtube video, I could only position DS comfortably in it about 50% of the time. The K'Tan still had a bit of a learning curve, but it was much easier.

We eventually graduated to the Beco Gemini, which I still love, but for the newborn days in hot climates, I recommend the K'Tan.
    My baby boy is 3!

I'd vote for a gauze wrap like the Gypsymama (or heck, even Ikea Bomull fabric if you know someone who can hem it for you), or Ellaroo. They will be much cooler than any knit wrap, but they aren't the easiest woven to learn on. I learned on a Gypsymama, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're quite determined to master it--unless you'll only be using it for front carries.

There's a whole zoo of mamas at thebabywearer.com who will talk to you about lightweight woven wraps until you're blue in the face.

I had a cuddlywrap that I had to put away in early May (April baby), and I'm in Canada! So I wouldn't recommend them in Texas. Or any other knit unless it's super-breathable.

I have a gauze wrap too. Great for TX summers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2