Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    09Mom is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Healthy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe

I just got the Ninja, so I'm looking for a healthy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe. I prefer to use frozen strawberries. Not a big fan of the ones that use banana or other fruit in addition to strawberries. Open to using Steva or honey instead of sugar.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Frozen strawberries, vanilla yogurt, and enough honey to add additional sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Frozen strawberries, vanilla yogurt, and enough honey to add additional sweetness.
    How much of each?

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 09Mom View Post
    How much of each?
    Hahaha, I never measure!! I put maybe 1/3 blender-full of stawberries, maybe a cup of vanilla yogurt, and a drizzle of honey...and I add more strawberries or yogurt to get the consistency I want (then add more honey if it's not sweet enough). I make enough for all of us though - for just one person use less.

You could add in wheat germ to boost fiber as well. Can use tofu in addition to or instead of yogurt.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Smoothies is something I know NOTHING about but want to. Wheat germ sounds good. Does it affect taste? WHat about protein. Where would I get them? Am I kidding myself that having a smoothie in the morning (instead of my grab a bag of chips on the way out the door) will help me lose weight?

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We've done strawberries with vanilla yogurt and no sweetener and it is very good. Think strawberry soft serve. I use frozen strawberries.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    We've done strawberries with vanilla yogurt and no sweetener and it is very good. Think strawberry soft serve. I use frozen strawberries.
    How much of each?

I also do vanilla yogurt and strawberries (or any berries for that matter). I've used frozen and fresh. I just eyeball it as well...you can't really mess this one up! I don't do any additional sweetner either. The vanilla yogurt is sweet enough. I sometimes add a little milk to thin it out a bit too.

cntrymoon2 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My favorite smoothie tip is to freeze low fat greek yogurt (I like Cabot 2% vanilla) in silicone muffin tins and then pop out and keep in a ziploc bag in the freezer. It makes your smoothies so much thicker, like adding ice cream but 100 times healthier.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast