Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mypa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default New HA Store Opening in SoCal this Summer!

I haven't looked at the new HA catalog until just now and I couldn't believe my eyes, right on the front page it says a new store is opening at The Shops at Mission Viejo this summer, only 5 minutes from where I live!!!

I only shop the second markdowns at their EOS sales but still, it's so nice not to have to drive to Newport Beach and deal w/ the not so friendly sales people and it will make returns so much easier.

The store opening here will also mean there will be lots of used HA's showing up on CL, resale shops, and garage sales.

Now, if we could only get an outlet.
    Mary

DS Summer '05
    DD Fall '08

ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

ITA!! Mission Viejo is farther from me that FI, but I would gladly drive there not to have to deal with the unfriendly people who work there. Once I was buying for DD, got to the register, and said out loud, "Oh, this runs a little short; I will buy the next size up..." She came back with, "Well, it's not a dress; it's a *TOO-NICK*..." Yes, clearly I am not FI stock.
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

Congrats! I only wish they would open one farther north (Los Angeles or Oxnard.)

My only options are online or catalog.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hey, Neighbor! I'm only about 20 minutes from The Shops. I hadn't heard about a new HA store, but I don't usually keep up with that sort of news. It will be fun to check it out (since our Costcos REFUSE to get the dresses).
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

What I don't get is why they put another store less than 20 miles from the other one. I would have much preferred an outlet or another store in the South Bay, but I really don't think Hanna sells in LA proper because they actually closed the Canoga Park store a couple of years back.

Quote Originally Posted by ha98ed14 View Post
    ITA!! Mission Viejo is farther from me that FI, but I would gladly drive there not to have to deal with the unfriendly people who work there. Once I was buying for DD, got to the register, and said out loud, "Oh, this runs a little short; I will buy the next size up..." She came back with, "Well, it's not a dress; it's a *TOO-NICK*..." Yes, clearly I am not FI stock.
    that same store manager told me the same thing when I tried to return a tunic top for the DDs this past year. I wanted to buy the 90 for DD2 and she talked me back into the 80, which is kind of a bummer because I didn't think that the 90 looked too baggy, and I don't think she'll get much more wear out of it this coming fall. The 120 did look baggy on DD1 so I kept the 110, but yeah I know what you mean. There is another nicer non manager lady there who is about the same age, but taller and she is really nice. She has been there the last couple of times I have been in the store. I personally don't think much of what kind of people should shop at Fashion Island. I actually prefer it to South Coast Plaza because it is so much less crowded. DD1 laughs when she sees people walking their dogs there.

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    Hey, Neighbor! I'm only about 20 minutes from The Shops. I hadn't heard about a new HA store, but I don't usually keep up with that sort of news. It will be fun to check it out (since our Costcos REFUSE to get the dresses).
    No dresses in my neck of the woods either yet, but they should be getting them soon, I hope. I plan on making a trip later on this week or sometime next week.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 03-12-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by mypa View Post
    I haven't looked at the new HA catalog until just now and I couldn't believe my eyes, right on the front page it says a new store is opening at The Shops at Mission Viejo this summer, only 5 minutes from where I live!!!

I only shop the second markdowns at their EOS sales but still, it's so nice not to have to drive to Newport Beach and deal w/ the not so friendly sales people and it will make returns so much easier.

The store opening here will also mean there will be lots of used HA's showing up on CL, resale shops, and garage sales.

Now, if we could only get an outlet.
    I agree that FI is a remote location, and the clientele is a bit snobby.

I was there a few weeks ago, however, and the store manager was VERY nice, helpful and friendly. I asked about a possible So Cal outlet and she said it would never happen because the real estate in CA is so expensive. She also didn't understand why they're opening a store in MV, which is fairly close to FI.

Fingers crossed we will see more Hanna here in So Cal--CL, resale, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    What I don't get is why they put another store less than 20 miles from the other one.
    I completely agree with you. Hanna store locations totally make me scratch my head. I'm in New England right now, and they have 3 (!) stores within a 20 mile radius, plus [about to be] 2 outlet locations.

I'm sure they've done some market research about where their stuff would sell, but I just wish Hanna would spread the love a little more.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMommy View Post
    Congrats! I only wish they would open one farther north (Los Angeles or Oxnard.)

My only options are online or catalog.
    Yes, LA please!

speo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    What I don't get is why they put another store less than 20 miles from the other one. I would have much preferred an outlet or another store in the South Bay, but I really don't think Hanna sells in LA proper because they actually closed the Canoga Park store a couple of years back.
    Is this the one that was at Topanga Plaza? I haven't had the need to go there lately, so I didn't even know it had closed.
    DS1 2005 and DS2 2007

I am excited... it's 5 min away from me too
    A very busy Mama to my two chiquitos.
    DS 11/08 and DD 7/10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast