Thread: Is this safe?

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Is this safe?

Can I put a piece of fleece or something around the seatbelts for DDs' boosters? They are complaining that the belts are rubbing their skin. This is probably going to be more of a problem as it gets warmer so they are wearing thinner clothing and strappy shirts.

I totally understand as the seatbelt in DH's car rubs my neck and it drives me completely insane.

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i would say yes as long as it isn't a big puffy something, but i'm certainly not a tech & will be watching the thread. i mean, on the frontier things to keep the straps from rubbing are even included.
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yeah it seems to me it would be ok, but I thought I would check. For some reason, I can't find info on the safety factor when I google....

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Along this line, have your girls complained that the seatbelt hurts if you've had to stop a little quickly, my DD was almost in tears the other day, a guy cut me off and I had to stop pretty quickly and DD in her booster cried out that the seatbelt really hurt her neck...DS on the other hand in his harness was fine.

The thinner, the better, see what they have at a big box store's automotive department. Or do the seats scoot towards the buckle more? Just moving them a little might move the belt off their necks...? I guess we already told you to raise the headrests to get the belt closer to their necks, but how would it be if you lowered them a notch? Sometimes kids settle into seats and fit differently than they do for that first picture you took for us to get an idea of the fit.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#