swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default What will I have to change to fit 5 seats in my Odyssey?

I'm due in August, so we will be adding a car seat around then. I only have a 7 seater, so I don't have any room to play with. Currently, DD1 (9y, 4'9") is in a backless turbobooster. DD2 & DS are in FF Radian 65s. DD3 is in a RF Britax Boulevard. My infant seat is a Keyfit 22. DD1 & 2 are both on the back bench, and DS & DD3 are in the middle captain seats. I would prefer not to have to take DD1 out of her seat. She sits fine without it, but I don't see any reason to take her out if I don't have to. DD2 is campaigning to get a big girl seat (booster), but she doesn't weigh 40 lbs yet. If I have to get a new seat, it would probably be for her. Suggestions for a workable setup?

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'll be watching because it'd be nice for carpool possibilities...but no suggestions. We do have the 8th seat but it is out right now. We will have four seats in ours now. DS1 is in a HBTB back row. I tried this weekend to get two Backless TB back there too for an upcoming field trip and that wasn't an option.

FWIW, I am able to put a HBTB, a backless, and a middle passenger without a carseat and I believe the HBTB starts at 35 lbs.
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

Would you be able to fit DD1, DD2 and DS all in the third road? Then have the rearfacing seat and the infant seat in the second row. I would want those two seats in the second row because it would be really hard for me to get a kid in a rear facing seat in the third row and I wouldn't want to lift the heavy infant bucket into the third row all the time.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I can get two Radians and a backless Harmony in my Ody third row. I have an older model (the pre-2005 body style), so I'm not sure if it is the same as yours. That would be my first suggestion - put the two Radians in the third row on the side where there are two female buckles so they are buckled next to each other. Then put your backless on the other side (may need a new backless, but the Harmony (Literider or Cruz) or the new Cosco Top Side at Target are good options. If you have a newer van, there may be a LATCH position which will help this out if your DD2 or DS are under 40 lbs.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    Would you be able to fit DD1, DD2 and DS all in the third road? Then have the rearfacing seat and the infant seat in the second row. I would want those two seats in the second row because it would be really hard for me to get a kid in a rear facing seat in the third row and I wouldn't want to lift the heavy infant bucket into the third row all the time.
    I might be able to. I know I can't fit 3 boosters back there, but I think the Radians are much narrower. I will have to try it. I also have to figure out who will go where, because DS needs someone to buckle him and DD2 still occasionally needs assistance. Also, for some reason I think I only have LATCH in the middle of my back row. Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    I can get two Radians and a backless Harmony in my Ody third row. I have an older model (the pre-2005 body style), so I'm not sure if it is the same as yours. That would be my first suggestion - put the two Radians in the third row on the side where there are two female buckles so they are buckled next to each other. Then put your backless on the other side (may need a new backless, but the Harmony (Literider or Cruz) or the new Cosco Top Side at Target are good options. If you have a newer van, there may be a LATCH position which will help this out if your DD2 or DS are under 40 lbs.
    Mine is the next model, but not the new one. I like your suggestion, but I think I only have LATCH in my middle seat. Will that be a problem?