Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Athleta must-haves for spring/summer? (update #34)

So far i have one Whatever Skort that i love to pieces, and i just ordered another in a different color (and smaller size, woo!). I'm not really active right now so i don't use them for working out or whatever..i just use them for going to playdates/errands with the kids and such. Love the stain-resistant fabric, and it's nice to be able to be out with little ones and not worry about flashing somebody (i had this problem even with most jeans/pants and them riding down when bending down to pick LO up, or something).

i just got the catalog and many things (like dresses, tops, shorts) look super nice that i would love to try but are somewhat pricey, and im always wary of ordering online (vs. trying things on IRL). i am just wondering if there is anything that y'all would consider a spring/summer "staple" (like the Whatever Skort, seems to be a versatile thing for many, especially those who SAH)..especially tops, shorts, dresses. I need to get a new wardrobe, and the weather is getting warmer here and am running of out of stuff to wear out of the house!

eta: i would love to try the printed Pack Everywhere Dress (not bc i travel much, but it looks like the same fabric as the Whatever Skort, which i like, and i love the print). if anyone has it, i'd love to hear what you think about it!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 04-06-2012 at 05:57 PM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I love the Santorini dress. I wore it a ton last year and always felt great in it. Super comfy and easy to wear.

hmm, i saw that dress in the catalog and thought it was so pretty (especially the purple). my only worry is that it seems very fitted (at least on the model), and thus may not be as flattering on me (i'm fairly apple shaped, with not much of a waist).

i love the pattern on it though.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I practice really good posture the days I wear it. I don't have a flat belly but I still feel pretty good in it!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The one must-have for Athleta is a firm body as far as I can tell from the catalog. I don't have that, so I have no Athleta clothes, lol.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    The one must-have for Athleta is a firm body as far as I can tell from the catalog. I don't have that, so I have no Athleta clothes, lol.
    I read the reviews carefully, and then pretty much always decide against ordering. I feel like it's geared toward ppl who have the perfect body. If you have a little bulge here or there, forget it. Oh and if you have big boobs, forget it.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

I really like the Dipper Skort (I hate wearing shorts so skorts are my friend in the summertime):

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=773823102

I just got a pair of the dipper pants last week, so I have only worn them a few times, but they were comfortable and looked better than yoga pants:

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=683761192

I am a size 10 and don't have the best figure, so don't but too much from Athleta, but really like these. The fabric is nice, and there is a drawstring at the waist which helps because nothing ever seems to fit me right.

jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    If you have a little bulge here or there, forget it. Oh and if you have big boobs, forget it.
    i love the way it looks in the catalog, but . My boobs wouldn't fit in any of the outfits.
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

Definitely not a perfect body here! I don't have a ton of Athleta stuff, mostly due to cost, but I do like the nectar dress I got last year. (I am 5'7" and more or less a pear.). I also have a nice bathing suit--bought on clearance a few years ago so I am sure they no longer sell it. If you need a bathing suit, I'd look there.

Catherine

thanks guys! definitely no perfect figure here...definitely a bigger-chested gal here (and i'm still nursing)...i haven't tried the tops yet, but i'll keep this in mind.

and oooh I LOVE the look of the Dipper Skort! i may have to order a few to try them out. the thing is, in most of the summer, i found the Whatever Skort to be too long for the INSANELY hot summers we have here..
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 03-29-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast