Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have these items from Athleta and love them!

Bettona Bermuda

Cutback Crochet Skirt

I also love their Kickbooty pant and I've had many tankinis over the years and they are the best! I'm looking at getting a new one and I really like the Bettona tankini in blue
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

Can you tell me more about the Bettona Bermuda? How's the fit? I have big thighs and a relatively small waist so I have a hard time finding pants/shirts that don't gape at the waist. What do you wear with them? I am imagining they are very casual given the fabric?

Thank you!
    Catherine

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Can you tell me more about the Bettona Bermuda? How's the fit? I have big thighs and a relatively small waist so I have a hard time finding pants/shirts that don't gape at the waist. What do you wear with them? I am imagining they are very casual given the fabric?

Thank you!
    Catherine
    Girl, you got to get to the Athleta store - so close, but so far! They SKU pic is cute, but when worn, they seem more like bike shorts, at least judging by that photo. Please report back if you get them!

for Sandy Hook

anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think no one mentioned it because OPer said she already has it. . Although I will note that *I* did not rave about it as I don't love the material.

Catherine
    heh heh. totally missed that!
    Whew! Glad that some people are still wearing them!

I like the Dhara dress too. Looks like it might be good for hiding mummy tummy.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

hehe, i definitely will report back! and yes, i love the Whatever skort (that i heard about on here )...i actually have another one coming soon, can't wait!

i see an Athleta store is coming soon to Houston, but that's still hundreds of miles away from me! i'm jealous of those in SF who can visit a store in person

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Girl, you got to get to the Athleta store - so close, but so far! They SKU pic is cute, but when worn, they seem more like bike shorts, at least judging by that photo. Please report back if you get them!
    I was wondering about that, especially with my big thighs. I just never seem to make it to a store, any store.

Catherine

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I covet the washed velvet skirt, but haven't pulled he trigger. Maybe just love the casual way they style it. I wasn't a huge fan of the flaring on the anywhere skort, but it is colored by the fact that my "NWT" ebay purchase actually came with several stains that wouldn't come out, so I didn't even get to wear it.

I did find a cotyon knit dress on consignment for$14 and really like it. Very casual, but can't wait to wear when it gets warmer.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by anamika View Post
    heh heh. totally missed that!
    Whew! Glad that some people are still wearing them!

I like the Dhara dress too. Looks like it might be good for hiding mummy tummy.
    I've worn my two whatever skorts several times in this insanely nice weather. I love those things. Now I need another skort so I'm going to branch out and try the dipper, but I'm not convinced it will be as flattering on my body.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I was wondering about that, especially with my big thighs. I just never seem to make it to a store, any store.

Catherine
    Catherine, are you looking for shorts? 6pm.com has the Patagonia Respite shorts for $18, IIRc. I ordered 1 pair and then got another b/ c I liked them so much. They are straight in the thighs, but not tight on me, and I have bigger thighs. More sporty, technical style fabric. Nice and quick drying for super hot days.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    Catherine, are you looking for shorts? 6pm.com has the Patagonia Respite shorts for $18, IIRc. I ordered 1 pair and then got another b/ c I liked them so much. They are straight in the thighs, but not tight on me, and I have bigger thighs. More sporty, technical style fabric. Nice and quick drying for super hot days.
    Vaguely, as I only have three pairs, one nice long pair from Eddie Bauer, one shorter North Face pair, and one pair that I shouldn't even count as they are lightweight sweatpants material from Target several years ago. I will have to check out the ones on 6pm, that's really more my price range for something that doesn't get much use in our climate. Thanks!

Catherine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast