Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mopey is here!!

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Mopey is here!!

And SHE rocks my world

Sorry to be so late in posting but it has been hectic and I had to have an emergency Cesarean so I was in the hospital until Saturday night.

So the induction (by painful Foley bulb that took forever) did not go well, and after four hours of non-stop contractions (I kept saying to my hubby, "I thought there were supposed to be pauses!" in between breathing and writhing), I finally went for the epidural which didn't work well (only numbed my left thigh).

After three painful internals by the resident my OB came in to wake up the baby (start of day, 8am) and after seeing my pain said - "wait, you FELT that? It wasn't just pressure?" and I told her I had been trying to tell everyone it wasn't working too well for hours. They pushed lots more whatever straight into the epidural and it worked for a while so they pushed the pitocin. The baby's heart rate was quite flat so the doc wanted to monitor and started mentioning a C.

I asked her to wait a bit. She tried to break my water and then said that it was so low there was basically nothing to break. She put an internal monitor on the baby's head and gave it a few minutes. Then the baby had a heart rate deceleration and suddenly it was time to have a C. I was very fragile and crying (the sweet nurses told me everyone cries) and we called my mom to come. Bless my doc, someone said I could only have my hubby in the room and she told them that was bunk and to call my mom.

So off we went to the OR, and I was already convulsing from all the meds. I had two very wonderful anesthesiologists and it took them a while to realize I really could feel all the sharp pricks. They had to redo my epidural (I had had to lie down for the first which I think contributed to poor placement).

Here is where it means the world when someone goes above and beyond for you. The OB on call was actually the same we had seen many times in the last couple of months. She was so sweet and all excited to be the one on call for the birth. I was basically a scared, emotional mess and my hubby & mom were not allowed in the OR until I was all prepped. So this tiny woman (I am not short) stood on her tippy-toes and held me like I was her own child while they redid the epidural. I am welling up just thinking about it.

Anyway, the epidural finally worked! They brought my mom & hubby in, who sat by me - hubby held my face and mom my hand. I have to say it was one of the most surreal, violent and unnerving experiences I have ever had. I tried my best to control the convulsions with breathing but I was just crying and crying. So unreal. Everyone soothed me - even the anesthesiologist who stroked my forehead and helped me understand what I was feeling.

And at 10:06am on Tuesday the 20th I heard the doc say, "Ok. Come on Dad, stand up and tell her what it is!" And my hubby stood up and paused, and then "It's a girl!" (total tone of surprise in his voice). I was SO surprised!! I asked "really??" And then heard her loud wailing and felt such relief. I couldn't see her for a bit but they finally put her in my view. Then my hubby got to bring her over and we rubbed faces and I was elated

Recovery is going alright. She is wonderful and I gather a pretty easy babe so far. Unfortunately I am BFAR and it is not going too well but I am keeping at it!

I am THRILLED to have a daughter. I wanted one so much and I cannot believe that who I thought would be a bald boy has turned out to be a beautiful girl with a head full of her Daddy's dark hair

Thanks for reading! I hope everyone is well!
    Last edited by Mopey; 04-03-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!!! So happy that Mopey is here, safe and sound! We have all been thinking about you a lot.

FYI - I also BFAR'd with DD1 and plan to go again with DD2, so feel free to PM me if you need to "talk."
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congratulations on your baby girl!

I'm so glad you posted. We were getting worried!

If you really want to post a picture and need photo posting help, I'm sure that many, many people here would be happy to walk you through it. We love baby pictures!

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congratualtions! I know how emotional an unplanned, emergency C can be. I'm glad it all worked out.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Congratulations!!! So glad you posted, and thrilled to hear about your new baby.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

Congratulations! I just adore falling in love with a new baby, it's the best part
    DD1 Jan '10
    DD2 Jan '12

Congratulations to you and your DH on your baby girl!! So cool!

Such a touching a birth story even though it sounds very painful and emotional ...you had me in tears! So glad your OB and other doctors were so awesome!

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Congratulations!

I am glad they got the epidural to finally work. Mine didn't take and when I went for c-section, I could totally feel the pin prick test. They upped it to a spinal and I could still feel quite a bit of the surgery. Glad you got it worked out!
    Kris

Yay! Thanks for updating us! Congratulations to you and your DH!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast