flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Should I freeze this bottle?

Trying to get 4 bottles for Friday. I have 2 in the fridge, but one I pumped on Sunday. Should I leave it in the fridge and give it to her 5 days old or should I freeze it today and unthaw it on Friday?

My guide says 3 days is best, but 5-7 days for "very clean" expressed milk. I have no idea what that means except to assume the bottle is sterile?
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

babyonway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

According to Kellymom you shouldn't freeze milk after it has been in the fridge for longer than 48 hours. So I don't think you can.

Milk that is in the refrigerator may be frozen within 48 hours.
    Mama to my sweet lil girl (Summer 2010)

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by babyonway View Post
    According to Kellymom you shouldn't freeze milk after it has been in the fridge for longer than 48 hours. So I don't think you can.
    That's the guidelines for premature infants. For healthy full-term infants, Kellymom says up to 8 days in the refrigerator is fine. http://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/m...e/milkstorage/
    Lizi

babyonway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    That's the guidelines for premature infants. For healthy full-term infants, Kellymom says up to 8 days in the refrigerator is fine. http://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/m...e/milkstorage/
    But do you know how long it can be in the fridge and then be frozen? I didn't see it on your link but could be wrong. I have always followed the 48 hour rule. So if within 48 hours I don't freeze it then I keep it for up to 8 days in the fridge.
    Mama to my sweet lil girl (Summer 2010)

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks everyone. If up to 8 days is ok by Kellymom than I will just keep it in the fridge and use it Friday.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014