Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Maclaren Triumph or Globetrotter?

Hi all, I am looking for a lightweight travel stroller for a trip overseas next month. DS will be 3 mos old. I know the Triumph is good for 3 mos up, and the Globetrotter says 6 mos. I think I'd prefer the Globetrotter because it seems to have a larger canopy, but otherwise the 2 seem pretty comparable.

Any opinions on which to go with?

P.S. I ruled out the Volo because I definitely want a recline.

Thanks for any advice!
    One DS, three strollers! Uppababy G-luxe, a Volo at Grandma's, Inglesina Trip at Auntie's (& pining for a Snap I don't need). Adjusting to car travel in his new Britax Boulevard.

I've never heard of the globetrotter... doesn't seem to be on their website. Where would I find it?

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The globetrotter is the new volo with recline. I can't tell from the pics if the canopy is actually bigger than the triumph - I would be a little surprised if it is. For a 3 month old, I'd definitely pick the triumph with the more substantial seat than the volo/globetrotter. But I'd pick the g-luxe over both of them for the huge canopy, the standing fold, and the nicely padded seat with washable liner.

todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    But I'd pick the g-luxe over both of them for the huge canopy, the standing fold, and the nicely padded seat with washable liner.
    Oh me too! I can't put into words how much I love my g-luxe for our car/travel stroller.
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

I agree with Legaleagle that I'd pick the G-luxe over either of those, but honestly I don't think any of them has a deep enough recline for a 3 month old. If it were me, I'd be looking at the Bumbleride Flite, Maclaren Ryder or Britax Blink, depending on your budget and needs. Or I'd pick up a $150-60 BJCM.
    Last edited by Multimama; 04-03-2012 at 02:33 PM.

todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The flite is on zulily today for about $165+shipping. GREAT deal!
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

Flite on Zulily sold out. I'd go for the Blink, I recently purchased mine after a traveling with a non-reclining umbrella (Mac Volo) and a jetlagged, pissed off kid. Wish I'd had it before!
    Audrey - Feb 2010
    Anderson - Dec 2011

Please, no babies in 2012!

For a 3 month old, I suggest the new 2012 Maclaren Quest. I think pish posh baby has them already. It has a flat recline which will be perfect for your baby's age and it is still a lightweight. While I do tend to babywear more during the first 6 months I do think it's nice to have a place for your baby to lay down comfortably especially when traveling. Below is a pic of my then 2 month old in a Mac Triumph with a Snuggin Go. The Triumph does not have a very deep recline. I ended up getting a Ryder. I would've gotten a Quest but the older Quests do not recline flat. Good luck!

Albee has the new Quests too and you can use their 15OFF promotion code which brings it down to $230.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I bought our Maclaren for DD1 at around 3 months old too and it was a great stroller for her. My DD1 was never one to sleep in a stroller unless it was the jogger until she was about a year old so I never felt like I missed much by not having a full recline. I did have a full recline for DD2 in the Techno and that was nice, but she slept a lot in the stroller so I was glad I had it, but the Triumph was just fine for her, and would have probably been fine for DD2 also.

I would look on Ebay for Maclarens too, you can do better than $230 for a new Quest. I bought my Triumph for $130 including shipping, and I bought my Techno XLR for $140 including shipping.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast