Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I also love One Moose, Twenty Mice and lots of other Barefoot books but I don't consider these so out there since many people have them.
    Ah that book brings back memories. DD loved it and she would do the cutest thing with her hand asking,"Were de cat?"

Just wanted to mention Zoe and her zebra ( an A-Z book). When you are drowning in a sea of Henry, Jack, Jill, and Jane, it is so refreshing to find a book with names like Sita and Hassan.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by anamika View Post
    Ah that book brings back memories. DD loved it and she would do the cutest thing with her hand asking,"Were de cat?"

Just wanted to mention Zoe and her zebra ( an A-Z book). When you are drowning in a sea of Henry, Jack, Jill, and Jane, it is so refreshing to find a book with names like Sita and Hassan.
    Oh, I loved that book with DD1! I think we had it out from the library; I should buy one for DD2. I remember DD1 saying "Fawooq" which always made me smile! Thanks!

for Sandy Hook

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I will second the Hairy Maclairy books and any book by Peter Spier and Charlotte Zolotow.

All the books by Bill Peet especially The Wingdingdilly

http://www.amazon.com/The-Whingdingd...4464831&sr=1-6

For older kids

The People in Pineapple Place by Anne Lindbergh Also Baileys Window
    http://www.amazon.com/People-Pineapp...4465188&sr=8-1

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Oh man, these are great! Thanks for the link to the older thread, too. I will confess we have about half of the books mentioned here. We have a pretty giant library. Not a Box and Interrupting Chicken in particular are favorites! And all the Beatrix Potters, known and lesser known.

I will add a few more:
    Diary of a Wombat and sequels
    Josephine wants to dance (similar to Giraffes Can't Dance, but better, I think)
    Billy Twitters and his Blue Whale Problem
    Brontorina
    Zen Shorts (but skip Zen Ties, much more overt moralizing)
    Henry Builds a Cabin and Henry Hikes to Fitchburg (about a bear based on Henry Thoreau)
    Fred and Ted Go Camping (and Learn to Fly) - written by PD Eastman's son as sequels to Big Dog, Little Dog, one of my favorite kids books ever
    The Bear who loved Puccini
    I love Pirate Girl but my DD doesn't!
    I also love One Moose, Twenty Mice and lots of other Barefoot books but I don't consider these so out there since many people have them. If you don't, definitely look for Clara Beaton's Barefoot Books!
    The Bear who loved Puccini

I've never heard of her. Is there one in particular you would suggest, especially one that lacks any scary or sappy themes? We never read the sappy books here and Dd1 in particular can't take an ounce of scary.
    Oh boy its hard to pick just one!!! So ill pick two (though really i want to pick all of them!

- The Seashore Book
    -Over and Over
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

"Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4