Default Britax carseats... When do they expire?

I have 3 marathons and 3 roundabouts 50s and 2 roundabouts... From 2008 or so, so not the new ones...

After how many years from manufacture date (again, they vary from 2008 and on) do these britax carseats expire?

Dd is on the way (due in may), so we are purchasing a new infant seat and rearranging the other seats... Ds1 will be getting a booster seat, but to ease the transition, we plan on using the non-expired seats for ds2 until he's ready for a new set of seats.

Any ideas on britax expirations?

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Old style convertibles are 6 years from DOM, new are 7 years.

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a Marathon that I bought in 2006, but it has a date of manufacture on it of November 2005. I swear someone here told me it would expire 7 years from that date...so in November 2012. I am still using it. Has it actually expired?
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    I have a Marathon that I bought in 2006, but it has a date of manufacture on it of November 2005. I swear someone here told me it would expire 7 years from that date...so in November 2012. I am still using it. Has it actually expired?
    Yes, it has - someone must have thought you meant the new versions.

http://www.britaxusa.com/support (bolding mine)

When does my seat expire? The service life for BRITAX infant car seats (including the base), older convertible car seats, youth seats (such as the BRITAX REGENT), and belt-positioning booster seats is 6 years from date of manufacture. Next generation BRITAX convertible car seats have a service life of 7 years and FRONTIER and FRONTIER 85 Harness-2-Booster seats have a service life of 9 years. To prevent injury due to deterioration or hidden damage, do not use child restraints or booster seats older than their service life or if it has been in a moderate or severe crash. You can find the date of manufacture on the child restraint/booster seat serial label.
    Last edited by legaleagle; 04-04-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Nope, Britaxes with white plastic shells absolutely always expired 6 years from date of manufacture. November 2005 expires November 2011.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

guess I need to order a new seat then...would a Frontier be good for a 4 year old?
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

guess I need to order a new seat then...would a Frontier be good for a 4 year old?
    love fr85s for 3yo dd!
    DD 2/09 - My sweet loving Spunky/Spirited child

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Old style convertibles are 6 years from DOM, new are 7 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Britaxes with white plastic shells absolutely always expired 6 years from date of manufacture.
    THANKS!

Now to sort through the seats and save the 3 newest ones...