Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Sillygirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Any experience with Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort in Orlando?

We decided to stay off property this time - I really need a separate bedroom for the kids and can't afford a suite at Disney's rates. Has anyone stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort? Any tips to make the stay better, or things to watch out for?
    Katie, Mom to two boys
    Retraining my dopamine circuits thanks to David Kessler, MD.
    Jonathan: Halloween 2004
    Alex: A smidge past Groundhog Day 2007

There are a few threads here. We usually always stay on site, but the over all glowing reviews have us at Bonnet Creek this fall. We booked through a company, I can't remember th name off hand but it's the same one TamiRuns used if you search. Unbelievably cheap. I think $1200 for 9 nts in a Presidential one bedroom in October. I don't have a review yet, but I'm excited!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am curious too. We are considering it for our fall trip. I have a friend from work who is staying there at the end of April so I am waiting for his review too!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

We own a timeshare there and we LOVE it! There are definitely threads about it if you search, but just a short summary for you....

The property is gorgeous, with multiple pools, play ground, mini golf, arcade and children's activities every day of the week. We have stayed in both a 2 bedroom and a 3 bedroom and have been extremely pleased. We eat a good portion of our meals in the condo (bfast and dinner) and love being able to do this.

We've had no issues with noise ever.

They have transportation to and from the parks, but if you have small children (can't remember the ages of your kids), you may find it difficult with the scheduling to come back for naptime if you need it.

If you need to know anything specific, feel free to PM me and I'll answer what I can.

ETA: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...t=bonnet+creek
    Last edited by DietCokeLover; 04-08-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: added links
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I wondering the same things as the OP, but also want to know if it is required to sit through a time share presentation? That is something I don't want to do on my vacation.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Sillygirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Great to hear the positive reviews! Thanks for the link to the old thread - I think I was too specific in my search.

I've read in the reviews that if you ignore the phone call inviting you to a timeshare talk, they'll leave you alone.

A lot of online reviewers mention they love having a washer/dryer, but it doesn't seem to show up on the hotel's list of amenities. Is this only found in the timeshare properties?

We'll be there in October. I think we'll have a rental car, but it would be nice to have the shuttle option if DS2 poops out a little earlier. Does anyone know if they run a bus during the night for the Not so Scary party?
    Katie, Mom to two boys
    Retraining my dopamine circuits thanks to David Kessler, MD.
    Jonathan: Halloween 2004
    Alex: A smidge past Groundhog Day 2007

All the condo units have a washer and dryer.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

We stayed there and loved it. We mostly were just sleeping but it was super nice and clean and comfortable.

I'll be happy to do a review after our trip next month.

DietCokeLover, can you provide any info regarding restaurants at WBC? We plan to eat breakfast and dinner (most nights) at the condo but i don't want to do much cooking - so I'm thinking take out for me and dh. I may have a few other questions for you as we get closer to our date....thanks!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I wondering the same things as the OP, but also want to know if it is required to sit through a time share presentation? That is something I don't want to do on my vacation.
    We stayed there last May and LOVED it! No, yo don't have to sit through a presentation. We just sent DH for checkin and they couldn't schedule because I wasn't there. They may have called a couple times to try and get us to come down, but we turned the ringer off.

DH was very skeptical of staying at a timeshare but now won't stay in a hotel because of the experience. The facilities are great and the price can't be beat for what you get. It was so nice being able to come back and decompress in such a big space. He pools were great and DS still talks about the playground and birds around the pond. We also thought it was great to be able to cook our own food since DS has food allergies, plus it was cheaper than eating at the park all the time. It's location is great and it's not hard to get to any of the parks. We couldn't have been happier. We'll definitely be staying there next time.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast