Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TamiRuns View Post
    I'll be happy to do a review after our trip next month.

DietCokeLover, can you provide any info regarding restaurants at WBC? We plan to eat breakfast and dinner (most nights) at the condo but i don't want to do much cooking - so I'm thinking take out for me and dh. I may have a few other questions for you as we get closer to our date....thanks!
    We did not eat at any of the restaurants on the property. But, there is a little coffee shop (uses Starbucks but is not a Starbucks), a couple of poolside cafes that do pizza and sandwiches and when we went in December, the new hotel addition was open. It had a casual sit down type restaurant in it as well as a more fancy type restaurant if I remember correctly.

We did easy to fix meals such as grilling burgers one night, chicken tenders in the oven, etc. So cooking, but not really cooking.

Feel free to ask anything!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    We did not eat at any of the restaurants on the property. But, there is a little coffee shop (uses Starbucks but is not a Starbucks), a couple of poolside cafes that do pizza and sandwiches and when we went in December, the new hotel addition was open. It had a casual sit down type restaurant in it as well as a more fancy type restaurant if I remember correctly.

We did easy to fix meals such as grilling burgers one night, chicken tenders in the oven, etc. So cooking, but not really cooking.

How far is the new hotel property from the condos? I know some will be closer than others, but in general would walking to the restaurants in the new hotel be easy? And is there a grill on the balcony or something? (you said you grilled burgers, that might be fun our first night). Did you pay for housekeeping? If so, how much was it? Thanks for the BTDT info.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Thanks! Good to know that there are options for something fast on site if I don't feel like "cooking" and dh doesn't feel like leaving property for take out.

Have you used any of the grocery delivery services? Our flight gets in at 6:35pm and by the time we get luggage, get rental car, etc. we aren't going to feel like stopping for groceries. I have a full day planned the next day so I've been researching grocery delivery services so we can have our order waiting for us when we check in. (Im assuming they would have to leave it with bell services since it'll likely be 8:30-ish when we check in.)

Thanks again!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    How far is the new hotel property from the condos? I know some will be closer than others, but in general would walking to the restaurants in the new hotel be easy? And is there a grill on the balcony or something? (you said you grilled burgers, that might be fun our first night). Did you pay for housekeeping? If so, how much was it? Thanks for the BTDT info.
    It is on site. Definitely walkable. Our condo was in the building next to the hotel this last time. The hotel also has a shuttle pickup spot.

The grills are on the ground near the water. I think they are between every building.

We did not pay for housekeeping because we are owners there, so I'm not sure how that works.

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by TamiRuns View Post
    Thanks! Good to know that there are options for something fast on site if I don't feel like "cooking" and dh doesn't feel like leaving property for take out.

Have you used any of the grocery delivery services? Our flight gets in at 6:35pm and by the time we get luggage, get rental car, etc. we aren't going to feel like stopping for groceries. I have a full day planned the next day so I've been researching grocery delivery services so we can have our order waiting for us when we check in. (Im assuming they would have to leave it with bell services since it'll likely be 8:30-ish when we check in.)

Thanks again!
    We always drive there so, we have car access to go to the grocery store. Publix is only a couple of miles away. You can get very very basic things in the gift shop, but you would probably be more happy with a delivery of supplies.

It is on site. Definitely walkable. Our condo was in the building next to the hotel this last time. The hotel also has a shuttle pickup spot.

The grills are on the ground near the water. I think they are between every building.

We did not pay for housekeeping because we are owners there, so I'm not sure how that works.
    Great info.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I wondering the same things as the OP, but also want to know if it is required to sit through a time share presentation? That is something I don't want to do on my vacation.
    I read on the super long thread at disboards that if you check the lowest income on their survey when you check in, you don't financially qualify to buy a timeshare anyway, so they will not bother you, lol. Also, I would just unplug the phone, since they can hassle you that way if they miss you at the front desk.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

We always drive there so, we have car access to go to the grocery store. Publix is only a couple of miles away. You can get very very basic things in the gift shop, but you would probably be more happy with a delivery of supplies.
    Thanks again for the info. I spoke with someone today about grocery delivery which we'll likely take advantage of since our flight gets in later in the day.
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

cheri is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We've stayed at WBC twice, and have had fabulous experiences both times. Excellent choice

tlw is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

How do you find/rent the condos? We stayed at the hotel last year, and I was unaware of condo units until this great thread. We plan to return in December and I would LOVE to rent a condo this time.

I was really pleased with the amenities of the resort--the pool and lazy river are fantastic!

Many thanks~
    Lee

DS 12/05
    DD 7/09

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast