Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am curious too... I know there were some folks that stayed at the Wyndham recently and I was hoping to get some tips. We would like to go in early November.
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Quote Originally Posted by tlw View Post
    How do you find/rent the condos? We stayed at the hotel last year, and I was unaware of condo units until this great thread. We plan to return in December and I would LOVE to rent a condo this time.

I was really pleased with the amenities of the resort--the pool and lazy river are fantastic!

Many thanks~
    You can rent them through the resort, which is probably the most expensive option. You can rent them from owners if you know one, or find one online. We are renting ours through Vacation Strategy, which I think is the same company TamiRuns is using. There's another company that's very popular on disboards.com, I can't remember the name of it. If you go to disboards and look up Bonnet Creek you'll find it pretty easily. Some people rent through Ebay sellers.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    You can rent them through the resort, which is probably the most expensive option. You can rent them from owners if you know one, or find one online. We are renting ours through Vacation Strategy, which I think is the same company TamiRuns is using. There's another company that's very popular on disboards.com, I can't remember the name of it. If you go to disboards and look up Bonnet Creek you'll find it pretty easily. Some people rent through Ebay sellers.
    Yep, we rented thru Vacation Strategy and had a great experience. I think WBC is a hidden gem! This was our first trip to WDW and I couldn't believe how close we were to the action and all the more $$$ we spent for the condo! Would return and rent thru VS again in a heart beat!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

We just returned from a week at WBC and it was fantastic! Everything was so convenient and close. We only made breakfast and ordered dinner once, but having a full condo was great. We did lots of laundry! Rented through Vacation Upgrades and had a great experience with them. My kids loved the pools.

calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

would really love to know/hear more. do we need a rental car if we stay at this place. A dear friend of ours I guess own time share and would sell us a week for what seems reasonable.

so correct me if I'm wrong, if we stay here, we don't qualify/can't get a meal package through disney?

what are the other cons of staying here. Would love to hear both the good and bad about this place. what is it close to and how close is it really?

ETA: is this the website? http://www.wyndhambonnetcreek.com/ seems like when you google the name, a few places come up!
    Last edited by calv; 06-13-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calv View Post
    would really love to know/hear more. do we need a rental car if we stay at this place. A dear friend of ours I guess own time share and would sell us a week for what seems reasonable.

so correct me if I'm wrong, if we stay here, we don't qualify/can't get a meal package through disney?

what are the other cons of staying here. Would love to hear both the good and bad about this place. what is it close to and how close is it really?

ETA: is this the website? http://www.wyndhambonnetcreek.com/ seems like when you google the name, a few places come up!

I haven't stayed there yet, but I've been to WDW and know where it is, it caught my eye last time, it's gorgeous. It is in the "World". It is very close to Downtown Disney, and is closer to some parks than the All-Star properties I would want a car, they do have shuttles, but they are not as frequent as the on-property ones. You can not do the dining plan if you stay off property. There are small cons, like having to pay for parking at the park, can't charge things back to your room at the parks, no package delivery from the park back to your hotel. I have only read good things about it. It's our first time staying off property. It's about 1/4 of what we paid for a comparable room on property.
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Ok...after 2 years of talking about it we finally took the plunge. Yesterday I booked plane tickets (got a great price) and today we booked a three bedroom presidential at the Wyndham! Yeah! we are headed to Disney in November!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Quote Originally Posted by scrooks View Post
    Ok...after 2 years of talking about it we finally took the plunge. Yesterday I booked plane tickets (got a great price) and today we booked a three bedroom presidential at the Wyndham! Yeah! we are headed to Disney in November!
    Woo hoo! I'll be getting back just as you're leaving. I'll be sure to do a trip report.
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Woo hoo! I'll be getting back just as you're leaving. I'll be sure to do a trip report.
    That would be great!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

gosh it's so very tempting!!! turns me off about the no meal plans though. wondering what a family of 5 would run when we'd have to pay all out of pocket for food. IMO since our kids 1st time going all the meals/character stuff is a MUST for our kids, LOL. but i hear a meal for 4 can run $250 for a character meal.

we can get a week at this place for about $250!!! we'd have to add a car rental for the week, meals & parking. What else am I missing? besides the obvious park pass/hopper option.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast